Arsenal's 'easy' fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all Arsenals home games this season I think West Ham have the best chance of coming away with a point. There tactics versus a very tired nervous Arsenal side?

They should be right up for it.

I am hoping against hope West Ham do us a favor, honestly can't see them dropping points elsewhere.

We keep winning and it doesn't matter what arsenal do.

fact of the matter is this, if we have 3 points already, pressure is on Arsenal. the difference is it would be nice for us to finish 4th.

They need to

I was thinking Hull might be a banana skin for them but them winning their semi has harmed us a bit. Less chance of Bruce needing a big reaction in their next home game.
Bruce will get them in Arsenal face and show them the FA cup won't be a walk over. Same with Big Sam
I can see Arsenal getting 0/6 points. An if they do get 0/6 OMG :)

Arsenal are in crap form, they've only won 3 out of their last 11 games in all competitions.

They were grim again on Saturday needing a set piece and a 7ft German to grab a scruffy draw against a midtable Championship side.

The idea that their fixtures are 'easy' given the fact that they are currently crap, is a complete misnomer.

Gonna shamelessly quote my own post here from another thread, but it is relevant to this one, their squad is in tatters apparently:-

Massive injury crisis for Arsenal ahead of Tuesdays game with West Ham, as things stand Kallstrom is their only first team midfielder available.

From the Mirror today:-
"Arteta picked up a knock on his calf during the Gunners' gruelling FA Cup win over holders Wigan on Saturday, while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Aaron Ramsey, Nacho Monreal and Santi Cazorla could also be doubts for Tuesday night's visit of West Ham".

Koscielny, Gibbs, Rosicky and Gnarby are all doubts as well, Ozil, Wilshire, Wallcott, Diaby and Flamini are definitely out.

Would be class if West Ham could get something, but for me, we just need to focus on our results and try to keep winning. We need to assume Arsenal are going to win their games. I know that realistically we're going to need them to drop points at some stage - hopefully they do - but let's take our own games 1 at a time. That starts with Palace on Wednesday which is no certainty whatsoever, they'll make things difficult.

Great thread mate, been thinking the exact same things. I think the Wigan game just about summed up Arsenal at the moment: no confidence or belief, key injuries and a lack of quality. They never really looked like beating Wigan and relied on a lucky goal to edge them out on penalties.

If they struggled so much on Saturday, then how can their run-in be described as easy by anybody?

Of all Arsenals home games this season I think West Ham have the best chance of coming away with a point. There tactics versus a very tired nervous Arsenal side?

They should be right up for it.
Will be watching closely tomorrow. Think we should all a dash of claret to GoT's blue tomorrow night!

Gonna shamelessly quote my own post here from another thread, but it is relevant to this one, their squad is in tatters apparently:-
Alot of 'doubts'. Now, I may be invoking some stereotypes here but I always felt for a Moyes' team, you should never fully believe 'doubts' will be unavailable. The likes of Tim Cahill always pulled through last minute.

On the other hand, Arsenal have been known to shy from a fight. West Ham on a Tuesday night after 120 mins on the Saturday? Here's hoping those 'niggles' manage to turn into full-blown 'knocks', or at the very least all that do pull through end up playing half-fit and injuring themselves for the remainder of the season. COYB

I think the key issue here is playing relegation threatened teams. The more that still have to fight to the death the better. Palace and hull are in better positions than the others. Therefore going by this rule of thumb our run ins could be called pretty even.

Dreading Palace tbh think its gonna be one of those were we have 68% possession, 20 odd shots yet their GK and defence remain stubborn and we come away with a point

Status
Not open for further replies.