4th May 13:30​

Last 5 meetings between the clubs at Arsenal​

October 28th 2006-07 Arsenal 1-1 Everton
September 19th 2005-06 Arsenal 2-0 Everton
May 11th 2004-05 Arsenal 7-0 Everton
November 9th 2004-05 (Carling Cup) Arsenal 3-1 Everton
August 16th 2003-4 Arsenal 2-1 Everton
Total Goals Arsenal 15-3 Everton

We'll even up that total goals score over 6 games (including this one), 12-0 to the mighty blues. Phil Neville to score a hatrick in each half, Yakubu 2, Johnson, Piennar, Lescott and Howard from the penalty spot.

I'd play 4-5-1 for this one. Drop AJ and bring Arteta in. Arteta and Pienaar on the flanks with Fernandes, Osman and Carsley centrally.

I'd also think about starting Baines. Arsenal aren't a big team and lets be honest he isn't going to get done at the back post by either Eboue or Walcott. His pace and quality on the ball would be useful in an open game against Arsenal.

The good thing about Arsenal is they always give the opposition a chance to play and open up so if we get as many creative players on the pitch as possible we can have a go at them.

Fernandes should be moved into the middle. He should have switched midway through the game on Sunday. On a big pitch like the Emirates he'd have the time and space to work his magic and get his passes into Yak's feet. Get him on the ball and we can get the likes of Osman, Arteta and Pienaar into the game.

Prediction: 0-0

I

well i do actually think villa will win there last 2 matches.
which means we need a win and a draw to stay 5th.

it would be great to beat arsenal but the least we can want is a draw.
i have big faith we can turn newcastle over.

arsenal are all about midfeild play. if you stop there midfeild you will stop the team.

id play 541 with wingbacks , this would hopefully force arsenal to attack from the back allowing us space to counter attack quickly.
i think a good old fashioned hard tackling long ball counter attack game will see us well.although it wont be too pretty.
but i feel if we try to play arsenal at there own fancy passing game we would be in trouble.

................howard
........yobo...jags....lescott
neville.........................baines
................carsley
....arteta..fernandes..pienaar
..................yak

bench...
wessels,hibbert,osman,anichebe,aj

im going for 0-0 . but who knows with that formation we may snatch a goal.

well i do actually think villa will win there last 2 matches.
which means we need a win and a draw to stay 5th.

it would be great to beat arsenal but the least we can want is a draw.
i have big faith we can turn newcastle over.

arsenal are all about midfeild play. if you stop there midfeild you will stop the team.

id play 541 with wingbacks , this would hopefully force arsenal to attack from the back allowing us space to counter attack quickly.
i think a good old fashioned hard tackling long ball counter attack game will see us well.although it wont be too pretty.
but i feel if we try to play arsenal at there own fancy passing game we would be in trouble.

................howard
........yobo...jags....lescott
neville.........................baines
................carsley
....arteta..fernandes..pienaar
..................yak

bench...
wessels,hibbert,osman,anichebe,aj

im going for 0-0 . but who knows with that formation we may snatch a goal.

Not a chance it would happen and I very doubt it would work. There is a reason very few teams use the 3-5-2 system or your 5-4-1. It doesn't work.

Neville couldn't play a wing back. You need an engine and the ability to get up and down for 90 minutes. Someone like Pienaar would be suited to it more than Neville.

Not a chance it would happen and I very doubt it would work. There is a reason very few teams use the 3-5-2 system or your 5-4-1. It doesn't work.

Neville couldn't play a wing back. You need an engine and the ability to get up and down for 90 minutes. Someone like Pienaar would be suited to it more than Neville.

interesting.

i would have thought neville would be a great wing back.he gets up and down the side anyway wether he plays rb or rm.
he either supports his defender or supports the attack in either case.so i dont see how playing him as wing back makes much difference to his game.also if there are 2 players in the squad who give there all for 90 minutes its carsley and neville.i still say he is perfect for wing back.

also i disagree with pienaar as wing back.i think he is neither strong enough or posseses a good enough tackle.

i also have confidence that 541 accomodates our best players in there close to best positions.(rather than the 451 square pegs round holes formation) and would be a success.i see a lineup that would be nere on impossible to score against.and a midfeild that with the support of nev jags and baines will be given the freedom to do what they do best.
my only fear is upfront.but its the same problem if you played 451.

but we do agree on one thing .....Not a chance it would happen .lol

interesting.

i would have thought neville would be a great wing back.he gets up and down the side anyway wether he plays rb or rm.
he either supports his defender or supports the attack in either case.so i dont see how playing him as wing back makes much difference to his game.also if there are 2 players in the squad who give there all for 90 minutes its carsley and neville.i still say he is perfect for wing back.

also i disagree with pienaar as wing back.i think he is neither strong enough or posseses a good enough tackle.

i also have confidence that 541 accomodates our best players in there close to best positions.(rather than the 451 square pegs round holes formation) and would be a success.i see a lineup that would be nere on impossible to score against.and a midfeild that with the support of nev jags and baines will be given the freedom to do what they do best.
my only fear is upfront.but its the same problem if you played 451.

but we do agree on one thing .....Not a chance it would happen .lol

If you actually watch Neville closely in games he's not as hard working as people make out. Don't get me wrong he puts a shift in and I respect him for that but he isn't a work horse nor does he work as hard as the likes of Pienaar, Carsley, Osman and Johnson etc.

Its also his lack of quality. You need to be decent on the ball and he isn't. If he gets caught further up the pitch he won't have the legs to get back and recover. Pienaar not an ideal choice by any means but he does have a superb engine and has the legs to get up and down.

Thats not having a go at Neville I just don't think he'd be suited to such an attacking role which needs alot of energy. Maybe when he was a youngster at Utd but not now.

If you actually watch Neville closely in games he's not as hard working as people make out. Don't get me wrong he puts a shift in and I respect him for that but he isn't a work horse nor does he work as hard as the likes of Pienaar, Carsley, Osman and Johnson etc.

Its also his lack of quality. You need to be decent on the ball and he isn't. If he gets caught further up the pitch he won't have the legs to get back and recover. Pienaar not an ideal choice by any means but he does have a superb engine and has the legs to get up and down.

Thats not having a go at Neville I just don't think he'd be suited to such an attacking role which needs alot of energy. Maybe when he was a youngster at Utd but not now.

You are rather harsh on Neville, I must admit I was not happy with Neville performance most of the time this season, but in recent matches Neville looks decent enough and he was more sure of what to do with the ball, unlike other days he was going backward all the time and long ball all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.