Match Thread Arsenal V Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched all the goals again.

McNeil absolutely hung Myko out to dry for the first one by just not bothering to track Martinelli.
Gueye was diabolical for the 2nd but it was also 100% offside.
None of the CBs or Midfield took responsibility to pick up Odegaard. Zero communications for the 3rd.
Onana had zero idea were Saka was and then Tarks was wrong side of his man for the 4th.

we need much better communication between the lines.

Not. Offside at all.

I mean he dropped Coady for Keane last night, he hooked Gueye at half time so he can change things if he doesn’t see effort. It wouldn’t surprise me if, fitness pending, he brings in Mina, Vinagre, Garner and Gray on Sunday
I'm talking more about his starting XI, which at Burnley was often pretty standard bar injuries, suspensions or really dire performances.

I don't see our starting XI changing much, sadly.

Think it's the manner of another capitulation. Still Everton better in recent past have been hammered in same fixture. Patience and win on Sunday which we can get and will look different. Was never going to be easy.
Yeah, the capitulation was not nice. But we’ve got to win the matches against those lower down. Of course we can get points against the top teams, but we shouldn’t beat ourselves up if we don’t, as no one else down the bottom will either!

I went last night although my vantage point was quite low so my perspective might be a bit skew whiff.
Good for 40 minutes and then one switch off and we get punished…similar angle to the chance Nketiah ballooned over at Goodison.
Second goal killed us and Gana completely to blame…our team mentality should be about getting to HT only 1-0 down but the manner of that goal was criminal.
I thought McNeil was unlucky with his run and shot but they seemed to put the game to bed 2 minutes later.
Iwobi,Onana, Gueye and Maupay were anonymous for the most part and heads went down in the second half.
When half of the team have been part of previously relegated teams it should be no surprise we look destined for relegation before one factors in our lack of firepower upfront.
I’d had enough by 80 minutes and left(the last time I did this was also at Arsenal when we got battered under Fat Sam).
The final dispiriting aspect was I saw Evertonians fighting with each other again.

I won’t give up yet but I see very little cause for optimism.
Were they really fighting with each other? Give me strength!

1677774473934.png

Crap result but it's always on the cards against these.

2009/2010 we lost 6-1 home and away and finished 8th

2013/2014 we lost 4-1 at Arsenal and finished 5th

2017/2018 we lost 5-1 and 2-5 and finished 8th

Need to beat Forest.

Well Dyche has won 2 out of 5 games. In that run we have had to play Liverpool once and Gunnere twice.

Doesn't seem so bad to be honest.

But games like forest etc is really what matters

Status
Not open for further replies.