Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a crushing defeat by any means.

We need a CM, RB, RM and CB in order of priority. Get that and we’ll be looking ok. Another CM if I’m being greedy as I’d punt them all except Gomes and Gbamin. Delph can stay if we only buy 1.

That’s the best we’ll play and lose
We made mistakes at the back and got punished by quality forwards. We had golden opportunities to win that game which we didn't take. Nobody likes to lose but you have to take some consolation in the manner of the defeat when we play like that. Also in the cameo from Gomes who was exceptional. I made him my man of the match.

I went for Richie for MoM, great footballer. Made up to see Andre back and firing on all cylinders. DCL unlucky not to get another 1 or 2 goals but gets in the right place. Sidibe at fault defensively but pretty good going forward - a conundrum. Despite what the Iwobe haters say I thought he put in a good shift.
Big question. Why did we have 4 players booked (Schneids for pulling the Arsenal players shirt when the Arsenal player was pulling his shirt at the same time) when Bellerin and Xaka don't get carded for blatant fouls - much worse than the block Andre Gomes got a card for near the end? Do referees have any guidance on this or do they just throw cards out when they feel like it?
Unfortunately I was watching on NBCSN where the commentary team are foundefr members of the Arsenal supporters club and associate members of the Ozil Appreciation Society :dodgy:

Can't get too wound up at that, thought we were the better side. It's obvious where are weaknesses are. End of the day though their genuinely only world class player won it for them.

Nail on the head really.

I haven't broken anything in anger so that's a good sign. Tells me that plenty to take from it as frustrating as it is.

2 things, Ancelotti has to stop making changes every week to the back 4, 3 changes today, albeit Digne was injured, secondly wtf has Siggurdson done this season? Seems to be undropable. Anyway despite this i have faith in Carlo, 2 instinctive saves prevented us from winning against a poor Arsenal.

Fancied a draw from today so I'm disappointed at the outcome due to the spurned chances.
With the feel good factor now broken I'm hoping we don't slip back into bad habits. Difficult games coming up have suddenly become a bit harder.
Beating Utd next game an absolute must now.

We aren’t taking points away at Chelsea, nor vs the RS, and will likely get a draw against United next weekend. On top of that we have to play Wolves, Sheffield and Leicester who I also can’t see us beating. If we had took something from this game the narrative is very different, but as it stands we’re below Burnley and Arsenal now
Glad to see you're looking at the situation in a positive light :coffee:

We have pace upfront - in midfield and at full back level Zilch today -Gomez improved things glad to see him back the goal after half time who was marking who?
Pickford never had a save to make hardly tonight yet we conceded THREE......

Status
Not open for further replies.