Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the worst arsenal team in many years, below us in the league, similar situation to ourselves new manager, philosophy etc. Crap defense, unrest in the camp, there for the taking.

But we are Everton and we never win these games. 0-0.

There feels like there is just too much optimism around at the moment.
We should beat this Arsenal team, they're not much cop at the moment.
But...we could just as easily get turned over.
So, I have no idea what is going to happen, except I'll be in the pub with my father in law (a gooner) watching this. With both of us expecting to lose.

My first trip to Highbury was 1987 when Wayne Clarke scored, I saw myself down the front on Granada that night, it’s been downhill at Arsenal since. I was there when we won with Kanchelskis in 96 and should have won when Pienaar scored in the snow in 2010 but our record away to Arsenal is so bad. They have their worst team for a long time so hopefully we can change it this time.

There feels like there is just too much optimism around at the moment.
We should beat this Arsenal team, they're not much cop at the moment.
But...we could just as easily get turned over.
So, I have no idea what is going to happen, except I'll be in the pub with my father in law (a gooner) watching this. With both of us expecting to lose.

There's something of a contrast between your first sentence and the rest of your post.

No way he starts. He will be bided in. No need to take risks. You'll see him getting 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes etc

Holgate to return with Sidibe for Walcott if injured, Delph on bench with Gomes and Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.