Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really trying to compare dcl with lineker but if my memory is still working the strange thing about linekers start at everton was most of his early goals at everton were headers which he wasnt really renowed for

I just find myself reading the table and adding two points and fume over where we could be. What youre saying makes perfect sense but I can’t stop obsessing over it :)

It was that draw against Newcastle not the defeats to Villa (a), Bournemouth (a), Sheffield Utd (h), Man City (h), Burnley (a), Brighton (a), Norwich (h), Leicester (a), Liverpool (a) and Man City (a) then

Silly because you cant pin point one game. What about the next game where we robbed 2 extra points in the last minute at Watford. 7 points from the games against Newcastle Watford and Palace was a good return. 4 from the next two in any combination is a good return
Don’t forget 1 point (or 3) dropped at Brighton and another 1point dropped at Leicester conceding last minute goals. We’d be well up in 5th, but that’s all ifs buts and coconuts

Actually, joking apart, without directly comparing him to Lineker as a player, some of the goals he's been getting lately have been very Linikeresk. As in being in the right place at the right time. Long may it continue.

Yes?

Or would you rather be proved right.?

lineker scores a lot of quality finishes and one on one was lethal.The answer to your question is “no” I would happily eat humble pie every day if he turns into Kane or lineker. The swallowing of my pride and admitting I was wrong, and being reminded of it every day on here isn’t even comparable to the level of joy I would get if watching us actually be a good team again .

It was that draw against Newcastle not the defeats to Villa (a), Bournemouth (a), Sheffield Utd (h), Man City (h), Burnley (a), Brighton (a), Norwich (h), Leicester (a), Liverpool (a) and Man City (a) then

they were bad performances over 90 mins and anyone can lose over that time. Being 2-0 up at home to a team we beat two weeks before at their place in the 93rd of 94 mins is what I can’t shake . Your post is logical and I completely agree but I can’t help but obsess over that 90 seconds and will hold davies accountable for the rest of his career :)

2604.jpg

A long rest till our next game, a little break for the players then slap bang right into the mix, with a run of games that sees us take in all the old money top 6, up first its Mikels boys and Arsenal.

A tough place for us to visit over the years, something I am likely to say for the next few weeks, but as somebody else said, we might be able to replace Everton that with Carlo that, man gotta dream! No doubt it wont be easy, but in football, everything is possible.

Much to everybody's chagrin Carlo does enjoy a lovely little bit of rotation, whether hes giving everybody every chance to impress or this is just the way he do, time will tell, but he certainly likes to mix it up and who are we to question such a man? With that in mind :

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Holgate - Digne
Bernard - Gomes - Delph - Iwobi
DCL - Rico
Gomes, providing he comes through his run out is likely to come off the bench I would imagine, I just really want to start naming him in sides! No news regarding Walcott yet, but given his very fine recent form I suspect he will come in if fit.

COYB
Might play 532 sure up at the back n hit them on the break

Status
Not open for further replies.