Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must win following today's results for me...have to stay within the chasing pack and keep on picking up the points. We don't want to go away to our rivals for top 6 where the pressure is all on us to get 3 points, and this Arsenal side are there for the taking. I was a bit disappointed we didn't beat them in December, but this is a huge opportunity now to break our duck at the Sky 6 clubs.
In our hands still if we continue our form we will finish above them all. The form table has us second so need to carry that on. Next 4 games will decide it for me. The game in December I think we just ran out off legs they are poor. But it’s our history and mentality that needs to change as you said in away games and especially against the bigger teams.

Kopites aside this is the game I want to win badly over the next 4 fixtures - would love to see Merson and Nicholas reactions and all the clowns in the media banging on about how Arteta was such a great move for Arsenal and how Carlo would struggle here.

Kanchelskis 96 is a long, long time ago. Our record away at Arsenal is probably worse than our record at Anfield.

I worry about Mina against their forward line but think we can get some joy down the other end.

Hopefully Ancelotti does what we did against City and go 3-5-2 - what I've seen of Arsenal tonight is that they struggle against pace but given enough room have the players to hurt you up top.

Our weakness is the midfield not shielding the back 4 well enough and 2 full backs who are better going forward than actually defending.

Get 3 at the back to squeeze out room for their forwards - have Schneiderlin and Delph shielding the defence with either Iwobi or Gylfi given free roam further forward behind DCL and Richarlison with Digne & Sidibe able to push ahead without worrying about being caught out on the counter.

Gomes on around 60 minutes in place of Gylfi/Iwobi and given free licence to push forward and get balls into the front two.

Would take a point if offered now to keep them below us but think we can nick a win if we defend well enough and not waste silly chances.

Hopefully Ancelotti does what we did against City and go 3-5-2 - what I've seen of Arsenal tonight is that they struggle against pace but given enough room have the players to hurt you up top.

Our weakness is the midfield not shielding the back 4 well enough and 2 full backs who are better going forward than actually defending.

Get 3 at the back to squeeze out room for their forwards - have Schneiderlin and Delph shielding the defence with either Iwobi or Gylfi given free roam further forward behind DCL and Richarlison with Digne & Sidibe able to push ahead without worrying about being caught out on the counter.

Gomes on around 60 minutes in place of Gylfi/Iwobi and given free licence to push forward and get balls into the front two.

Would take a point if offered now to keep them below us but think we can nick a win if we defend well enough and not waste silly chances.

We played awful against City in that formation. Completely overran in the middle and bummed constantly down the channels over the wing-backs.

We played awful against City in that formation. Completely overran in the middle and bummed constantly down the channels over the wing-backs.

City are a much stronger team in fairness and Ancelotti had barely had a fortnight with the players.

I would like (or hope) that they'll be alot more comfortable in what Ancelotti asks for.

I cant see us not going 3-5-2 in atleast the Chelsea and Liverpool games he's pretty much said today that he isnt going to be rigid in how his team sets up and plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.