Match Thread Arsenal v Everton - Friday 23rd, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many want to play the pass, no one wants to run behind at pace, horrible combination to have both traits in 1 side.

Other than that we've been the better team by a mile, even if we had one of Pepe or Saka in our team we'd be a few up by now, we badly need wingers / wide forwards who want to hurt teams in the final 3rd.

Thought Allan was good, as was Sigurdsson. Gomes just giving the ball away Willy nilly.
It’s all just a bit boring really, both teams are pretty rubbish.

....terrific chance & effort he created for himself. We have a chance when he’s in the pitch even if he’s not playing well.

Had to laugh when Tyler said something along the lines of; ‘being quick isn’t one of Sigurdsson’s best attributes’. Says lots when he’s our fastest and most mobile central midfielder on the pitch. It’s been a key problem on this bad run we’re on.

Very winnable game, just a pity we can’t run beyond their midfield.

Was about to argue this, then realised you were completely right.

We should be deducted points for fielding that midfield.

....terrific chance & effort he created for himself. We have a chance when he’s in the pitch even if he’s not playing well.

Had to laugh when Tyler said something along the lines of; ‘being quick isn’t one of Sigurdsson’s best attributes’. Says lots when he’s our fastest and most mobile central midfielder on the pitch. It’s been a key problem on this bad run we’re on.

Very winnable game, just a pity we can’t run beyond their midfield.
He’s been grim last few games mate.
Saying that, he’s got the axis of evil midfield behind him.
However, he is starting to look like his decision making is getting worse.

This line-up does not work. Having James, Gomes, and Syg has not worked this season. I think Carlo is going for possession of the ball, which once again Everton doesn't have, but Arsenal is winning on that front. Whenever I see James on our half and we have the ball I always think, nothing is going to happen. He is playing way too far down. Also, Richarlison is not the player he was last year. I was hoping that with James he was going to have a player to get him the ball, but so far that has not happened. Not because of James, but because Richarlison is just not positioning himself or losing the ball very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.