2023/24 Arnaut Danjuma

The only real worry is us being left short now, to the levels of last season having to shoehorn in players in the wrong positions.

Get rid of him he's clearly a bad apple
This. He’s more hassle than he is worth.

Need some bodies out there though.

McNeill injured, Dobbin not ready, Harrison hit and miss, even garner will struggle to cover there as we are short in midfield. Young I guess is an option…

I’d say we needed one extra winger without him going. God knows whose out there on loan.

Heart aint in it, plenty have fallen out with the game previous, takes a really focused mind to keep trying and keep going and getting better and refining their game. Some are naturally blessed and break through and then can't evolve and learn a few tricks. The best change their games as they get older and a bit slower, that magical first yard in the mind so to speak. Danjuma has been booted around clubs from... Bournemouth 2021, Villareal 2022, Spurs 2023, Everton 2023, Lyon 2024. 5 clubs, 3 years. Must love a signing on fee.

Next!

I know you don't mean it exactly like this, but just because he is skilled but doesn't play much doesn't mean he has an attitude problem. That's a dangerous assumption.

I've not seen one shred of evidence that he has a poor attitude. A lot of his teammates use his celebration when they score goals. He seems like he's positive around his teammates.

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one, he just doesn't really fit with what Dyche wants and isn't good enough to force his way into the lineup with what he is good at.
Yeah he seems an alright lad to me and if he does want to leave in search of football I don’t necessarily blame him. He picked us over Milan and we’ve no doubt charmed him in the door with the promise of more game time, obviously you still have to earn it but clearly the reality hasn’t lived up to expectation from either perspective.

As others have said he really only has one purple patch at the top level and that was at Villarreal under Emery. I suspect that might be more about Emery’s abilities than Danjuma’s.

If we're letting him go then we have to replace him. I know he hasn't featured much so far but with McNeil's injury and Gana off to AFCON we're gonna struggle to put out a midfield.

Harrison Onana Doucoure Gomes Garner?
Young Onana Doucoure Garner Harrison?

Neither of those fill me with much confidence...

I think it more comes down to the lad clearly having attitude issues and thinking he's better than he is. You don't go from Bournemouth to Villarreal in the champions league and then just awful loans to Spurs, troubled Everton and crisis riddled Lyon in a matter of years if you're a solid player.
He got in the champions league team of the season. And was wanted by some big club , think villareal put a big price of his head. His competition out wide our players from
Struggling relegation clubs Leeds and Burnley and now as you say troubled Everton.

He’s hardly had a look in while Harrison and McNeil have been ok but nothing special this season imo. Came of the bench v spurs and did more than the pair of them in 20min and was our best attacker v palace first half. To say he has a bad attitude is a bit harsh, doucoure had a bad attitude under Lampard, sitting on the ball in the warm up.

Unfortunately dyche’s remit even for his attackers, is work hard, know your defensive roles, first and foremost

Weird the bad apple and snake shouts.

He's come on loan to play games, hasn't got games despite his competition not playing particularly well either.

If course he would want to go and play elsewhere
Yeah ultimately agreeing terms to move elsewhere is just his agent doing his job. His client isn’t, and shouldn’t be, happy with the minutes he’s getting so he’s supplying options.

It also doesn’t mean anything is done and dusted as Everton as far as we know haven’t agreed anything.

First time in the cup game I saw him make crosses so thought we had made some progress. Incredibly selfish player prior to that game.

Shame but we have to get a replacement as our only winger left is dobbin!