Confirmed Signing Arnaut Danjuma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive got no problem with this signing at all, especially if we want him and he wants to be here.

To me, it doesnt look weak. In fact, it seems like a positive move. We tried for him in January, he clearly was happy enough to come here, but then we sacked our manager who he likely spoke to, and he got a better offer to join a better team in the same league, potentially more money, and half the stress.

Thats business.

In the meantime, hes been a teammate of a former Everton player who has probably told him how much he loved it here, and as they both struggled for game time, i wouldnt mind betting they both secretly second guessed their choices at some point. He witnessed our crowd and atmosphere first hand in the Spurs game when Keane equalized, and will have seen similar with the footage of the Bournemouth game.

And he now sees a team he was close to joining before, who've stayed in contact and on good terms, who still want him, and are in desperate need for attacking options, and he backs himself to get in and make a difference. I mean, he backed himself to play in the Spurs team with Kane, Son, Kulusevski and Richarlison, so he definitely backs himself to be a key player here. And with a good season, he pushes for a place in the Holland side next summer.

A loan with a view to buy is ideal for us, and we bring someone in who improves us for a small fee, and allows us to strengthen elsewhere with whatever little money we do have.

Its a no brainer.
Excellent post.

I was very annoyed in January because we desperately needed players and he could have contributed to making the second half of our season less stressful than it was.

Ideally I would prefer if we didn't go back for him but the bigger picture is that if he can contribute positively to our season then it benefits EFC and that is the most important point. A loan deal may also allow us to spend our scarce resources on other players.

I will be interested in hearing his version of what happened last January.... if he signs.

I expect he will say he agreed to join FL and when he got sacked he wasn't sure if the new manager would still want him. He made a big mistake going to Spurs, I would prefer if he were left to rot elsewhere but if he joins then he becomes an Everton player and he then has my support.

Seriously, I hope his reveal video is him about to sign with us, he gets a call, gets up, leaves, they do a "time forward" thing, he comes back in a Spurs shirt, looks down, runs back off screen and comes back in an Everton kit. Because the whole thing is farcical anyways, might as well embrace it!

Status
Not open for further replies.