Confirmed Signing Arnaut Danjuma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive got no problem with this signing at all, especially if we want him and he wants to be here.

To me, it doesnt look weak. In fact, it seems like a positive move. We tried for him in January, he clearly was happy enough to come here, but then we sacked our manager who he likely spoke to, and he got a better offer to join a better team in the same league, potentially more money, and half the stress.

Thats business.

In the meantime, hes been a teammate of a former Everton player who has probably told him how much he loved it here, and as they both struggled for game time, i wouldnt mind betting they both secretly second guessed their choices at some point. He witnessed our crowd and atmosphere first hand in the Spurs game when Keane equalized, and will have seen similar with the footage of the Bournemouth game.

And he now sees a team he was close to joining before, who've stayed in contact and on good terms, who still want him, and are in desperate need for attacking options, and he backs himself to get in and make a difference. I mean, he backed himself to play in the Spurs team with Kane, Son, Kulusevski and Richarlison, so he definitely backs himself to be a key player here. And with a good season, he pushes for a place in the Holland side next summer.

A loan with a view to buy is ideal for us, and we bring someone in who improves us for a small fee, and allows us to strengthen elsewhere with whatever little money we do have.

Its a no brainer.

I get it mate, people want to see the positives in things, I used to be like that, glass half full, then Everton spent the last 3 years destroying my hopes and dreams and here we are, celebrating signing a player that jibbed us off only 6 months ago.

I get it, we are desperate and skint and yes, im being overly negative and im sorry, I hate people like me, doomers who try and bring everybody down, but its just my current mindset.

I find it harder and harder to put the fake Everton smile on, im a beaten man with regards this football club.
All things Everton, Stadium aside have got most of us like this mate, no shame in wanting the best for this club and no shame i calling it out as the current crpa fest it really is. Its not negative, its realistic.

Never thought i would see it as bad as this though, must admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.