Are you raising your kid to be a blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football is not for you then mate.

Enjoy your life.

In fact, I've got to say something or I'll be kicking myself. I have wonderful children and a wife that supports me. You'd say football is not for me because I don't share your hatred to other sets of fans? How awful your life must be. And you're talking about role models?!

Joke mate, that's you Pabbers....

I shall make a point of ignoring your ignorant posts in future.

I think an inherit ability to laugh in the face of the unfairness of life is probably healthy. Hence, teach your children well.

As a mixed race lad going to school at Broadgreen in the 80s, I have already developed the ability to laugh in the face of unfairness mate. This is a new world where racism is less of an issue. Well less of an issue openly anyway. My kids know how to stand up for themselves ;).

I work with mostly Man U or Chelsea fans. They're little whiny bitches who think it's their right to win every game. Days like this where I strongly advise my colleagues to put a bet on us to lose and we pull a performance like that out of nowhere make it all worthwhile.

I think that's kind of what Everton wants to be about in the future. the players do a lot with local schools but that's not going to extend to Stockport. I'm grateful for the season ticket freeze/reduction as it's meant I could take my 63 year old dad who has always been Everton mad.

i know what you mean mate and the club do a hell of a lot of good through everton in the community and the hub on spell lane on match days. i'm not criticising the club for anything. what i'm saying is that kids like my nephews are becoming disenchanted with the premier league cos they know we won't realistically win anything. thats what football has become. the hardest thing to watch was the youngest one in tears all the way home after the man united semi at wembley. in the 85 cup final when i was in the same emotional position as him i only had to wait until the next season for glory plus we'd already on something that week. bloody hard telling a youngster not to worry cos we'll be back soon while knowing 7th place trophy is the only realistic thing we'll ever achieve without a huge slice o luck in the cup draw?

the hardest thing to watch was the youngest one in tears all the way home after the man united semi at wembley. in the 85 cup final when i was in the same emotional position as him i only had to wait until the next season for glory plus we'd already on something that week. bloody hard telling a youngster not to worry cos we'll be back soon while knowing 7th place trophy is the only realistic thing we'll ever achieve without a huge slice o luck in the cup draw?

well said mate.
if i ever decide to ruin my life with kids i'd never force everton upon them. everybody knows we'll never win the league again! why would you do this to your kids or anyone you like and love?
hell, i'm even trying to turn my girlfriend a man united fan so at least she has some joy.
the goddamn 7th place trophy...
not even our 4th place was worth anything as it turned out.
maybe i'm just too hungover and frustrated after last night.

Trial and error mate.

I took my son to friendlies till he was about 5, then just lifted him over the turnstile for a couple of years, before taking the plunge and getting him a ST.

He took to it very fast tbh, but all kids are different.
Ha ha yeah remember lifting my son over the turnstiles for years before getting him an ST. Imagine trying to do that now. Mind you ,had to stop when he hit 28 like.

My eldest is naturally supporting Everton as obviously they're mentioned a fair bit in our house so he's picked up on it. I haven't done anything to purposely push him towards them.

One of the hardest things is trying not to pass on my hatred of Liverpool.

My eldest is naturally supporting Everton as obviously they're mentioned a fair bit in our house so he's picked up on it. I haven't done anything to purposely push him towards them.

One of the hardest things is trying not to pass on my hatred of Liverpool.
Your hatred should be passed on . One of life's great pleasures is hating the wall pushing 2@'s

Why on earth would you not raise your kids to be Blue? Because we lose sometimes and have more downs then ups? You won't be helping your children by not teaching them that losing (sometimes painfully) is part of life. It's a deep physiological flaw in people when they feel the need to support the "big clubs" simply because they can't bear the thought of losing and feel the need to attach themselves to superficial success and bask in the reflective glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.