Are you raising your kid to be a blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I don't. Read my point in conjunction with yours though, instead of feeling like I'm attacking your sons status. You said it weakens a child for supporting a successful club. I countered that with a different view. I feel my point was apt. I have seen players down their tools. I have seen shoddy management.

Also, I don't use football as any life lesson for my girls. There's more important stuff in life.

Everything can and should be used as tool to teach your kids.

Just because we are not good on the pitch currently, the lesson is to NOT ACCEPT IT, and demand and want more, and also to stick with them, be loyal.

Just following the best club for glory, is not working hard to get what you want. Its showing them they can quit stuff when it gets hard!!!

The lessons to any child should not to exactly follow the players on the pitch, but to teach them the club and what the club do and mean to people around its Community, and that's us also. If they get that, then they wont ever want to follow a team that is on Sky TV more.

Maybe I don't. Read my point in conjunction with yours though, instead of feeling like I'm attacking your sons status. You said it weakens a child for supporting a successful club. I countered that with a different view. I feel my point was apt. I have seen players down their tools. I have seen shoddy management.

Also, I don't use football as any life lesson for my girls. There's more important stuff in life.

If you actually bought your daughter an RS kit then I'm afraid we can't be friends.

Kids need disciplined. And that begins by getting an understanding of what a pathetic, disgusting, unashamedly hypocritical, and downright lamentable club that lot we really are.

I have two lads, aged 8 and 5. I took the eldest to his first game a few years ago and he now has a ST with me in The Park End. All being well, I will take the youngest to his first game in January at the Leicester game in the cup.

It's important to me that they're both blues. The eldest is impressionable, the youngest is a moody little contrary sod, so I may have my work cut out with him. I never realized growing up that I had a choice about who to support, and my kids aren't being given a choice either (if all goes to plan). I am conscious that I am making decisions on their behalf which will probably give them heartache in years to come, but they'll be better people for it eventually.

In fact, I started writing a book about it. The week after I had taken my eldest to his first game, I started writing a book about my experiences as a blue, why it was important to me that they were both blues and it will, hopefully, be a way of them seeing their their own formative years as blues documented in some way.

Opening paragraph (if anyone is remotely arsed)...

Today is Monday 6th January 2014, the Monday after I took my eldest son to watch Everton for the first time (he’s 5 years old), and whilst I imagine that in years to come he’ll remember very little about the day itself, it got me to thinking about my journey as a blue and maybe one day my two boys might be interested in it and why I’ve been so keen to share Everton with them. The idea is that these ramblings are periodically updated until the day they’re old enough to read them and maybe appreciate the reasons for writing them. By the time I’ve finished writing this, it will probably be many years from January 2014, but it’s worth remembering where it started...

I have two lads, aged 8 and 5. I took the eldest to his first game a few years ago and he now has a ST with me in The Park End. All being well, I will take the youngest to his first game in January at the Leicester game in the cup.

It's important to me that they're both blues. The eldest is impressionable, the youngest is a moody little contrary sod, so I may have my work cut out with him. I never realized growing up that I had a choice about who to support, and my kids aren't being given a choice either (if all goes to plan). I am conscious that I am making decisions on their behalf which will probably give them heartache in years to come, but they'll be better people for it eventually.

In fact, I started writing a book about it. The week after I had taken my eldest to his first game, I started writing a book about my experiences as a blue, why it was important to me that they were both blues and it will, hopefully, be a way of them seeing their their own formative years as blues documented in some way.

Today is Monday 6th January 2014, the Monday after I took my eldest son to watch Everton for the first time (he’s 5 years old), and whilst I imagine that in years to come he’ll remember very little about the day itself, it got me to thinking about my journey as a blue and maybe one day my two boys might be interested in it and why I’ve been so keen to share Everton with them. The idea is that these ramblings are periodically updated until the day they’re old enough to read them and maybe appreciate the reasons for writing them. By the time I’ve finished writing this, it will probably be many years from January 2014, but it’s worth remembering where it started...

Love it mate.

I spend about 10-15 years going away games with my Dad, and we have one hell of a bond now. Great life lessons, and just great dad n lad time.

Trial and error mate.

I took my son to friendlies till he was about 5, then just lifted him over the turnstile for a couple of years, before taking the plunge and getting him a ST.

He took to it very fast tbh, but all kids are different.

Yeah, I had a younger cousin who we took to Goodison when he was about 4 and he hated the noise. Put him off for good and he ended being a Red who just treats Liverpool like a TV programme. Still don't think he's ever been to Anfield.

I'll be very wary when it comes to 'Mountfield85' Junior!

They can make their own minds up, they should learn from us by what they see in front on them. You can speak all you want about things like discipline but in the end it's about our actions. For example if you don't want your daughter to marry a twit then don't act like one, show respect and she will want a guy who gives her respect. My kids know I love Everton, they can see why by the pure emotion it drives through my blood. Are there other things that generate more emotion than my club? Yes there are and so they should!

That's lovely mate.

Most of my best memories of my Dad and Grandad are Everton related. It's a brilliant constant to have. An emotional tie to your roots wherever you are in the world and whatever is going on in your life.. However frustrating the actual football can be, it's a wonderful thing to pass on to your kids.

Everything can and should be used as tool to teach your kids.

Just because we are not good on the pitch currently, the lesson is to NOT ACCEPT IT, and demand and want more, and also to stick with them, be loyal.

Just following the best club for glory, is not working hard to get what you want. Its showing them they can quit stuff when it gets hard!!!

The lessons to any child should not to exactly follow the players on the pitch, but to teach them the club and what the club do and mean to people around its Community, and that's us also. If they get that, then they wont ever want to follow a team that is on Sky TV more.

Dude, this is a ridiculous conversation. As discussed earlier, I gave an alternative opinion that was reasonable and just. Here's another one, how about allow them to choose their own team to teach them independence? Honestly we'll be on to quoting Confucius next :D. I honestly didn't mean to rattle your cage, I just like playing devils advocate sometimes as many on here are rather blinkered. Apologies if you think I was disrespecting you, I genuinely wasn't mate.

If you actually bought your daughter an RS kit then I'm afraid we can't be friends.

Kids need disciplined. And that begins by getting an understanding of what a pathetic, disgusting, unashamedly hypocritical, and downright lamentable club that lot we really are.

Haha, I'd never buy her one of those mate!

Dude, this is a ridiculous conversation. As discussed earlier, I gave an alternative opinion that was reasonable and just. Here's another one, how about allow them to choose their own team to teach them independence? Honestly we'll be on to quoting Confucius next :D. I honestly didn't mean to rattle your cage, I just like playing devils advocate sometimes as many on here are rather blinkered. Apologies if you think I was disrespecting you, I genuinely wasn't mate.

Exactly why so many little bell ends follow the big clubs like absolute sheep and turn into Morons!!

But each to their own and all that mate.

:)

Exactly why so many little bell ends follow the big clubs like absolute sheep and turn into Morons!!

But each to their own and all that mate.

:)

A bit unfair, there's plenty of bell ends following us too :coffee:.

I'd never judge a person by the team he supports. Might as well judge a person for his race or religion too then?

Erm, yep mate. Born and bred in Toxteth Liverpool. Why?

My wife is a Liverpool fan. I wouldn't have the amazing life and children I have now If I judged a person by something as silly as the team they support.

Status
Not open for further replies.