Are we in a relegation battle right now?

Are we relegationally challenged?

• No, too early in season, over 38 games there will be at least 3 crapper teams

Votes: 62 39.5%
  • Yes, we are doomed if we don't get in a Corrupt Sam, Past-It Moyes type right now!!

Votes: 72 45.9%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 23 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening Toffee, its the glue that binds.

Its the 1 glaring thing missing from our team, its football 101, all teams feed off the number 9, its the basis of life.

I personally think we are being punished by the football god's for failing for umpteen windows to buy a two foot tall, low centre of gravity playmaking wizard.

This is all on you and your midget ban Goat

Its utterly shameful that we dont have a single actual Striker in any age group to just come in and do a God damn JOB.

Im being very harsh on DCL, who does have some very good qualities, sadly leading the line like a pro isnt currently 1 of them, it will come, but the lad is 20 years old. Its utterly criminal, we NEEDED a God Striker last season when we had Lukaku, we lose Lukaku and we replace him with what? An utterly finished Wayne Rooney, who is still the best player at the club, but not able to lead a line, Sandro freaking Real Madrid wanted me and im boss on FM Ramirez, who I personally think will come good, if given a run, but currently is AIDS.

If somebody gave me the name of whos ACTUAL fault it is that we dont have a Striker I would do 10-15, I swear down on me cats life fam.
I feel you yo

We're in the relegation zone after 10 matches (not 3 or 4 matches, but 10).
We've been poor since March and have since lost our biggest goal threat.
Not only have we been bad in the league, we've been awful against poor teams in Europe.
We hardly ever score and have very little threat going forward - we actually start games without a recognised striker!
We have an awful defence that ships goals.

These are all facts. Thinking we're not in a relegation scrap on the premise that 3 'smaller clubs' usually go down is negligence.

This isn't pessimism or any kind of gut reaction - it is an honest appraisal.

Evening Toffee, its the glue that binds.

Its the 1 glaring thing missing from our team, its football 101, all teams feed off the number 9, its the basis of life.
Mate, our CBs right now are Jags and Keane, and they are far and away better than our other options. That should scare anyone. We at least have some options to put at striker, even if they aren't target players.

Mate, our CBs right now are Jags and Keane, and they are far and away better than our other options. That should scare anyone. We at least have some options to put at striker, even if they aren't target players.
Almost makes you yearn for Funes Mori's return....doesn't it?? :pint2:

Almost makes you yearn for Funes Mori's return....doesn't it?? :pint2:
It does. Can you believe it?

Keane's good, Jags isn't an embarrassment, but he's not great, either.

A proper offensive attack doesn't need a target man. Man City leads the league in goals, Aguero/Sterling/Jesus...not a single target man.

Besides Kane and Rom, does anyone really have a true no. 9? Would it be nice? Sure. But it's not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.