Archie Spaulding Lightbody

Status
Not open for further replies.

evo1878

Player Valuation: £5m
Blues

A friend of mine in California is the daughter of an ex-Everton player. His name was Archibald (‘Archie’) Spaulding Lightbody.

I know it’s not a topical thread because he is in no way connected to our current Board or troubles ?. However, if anyone can shed any light on Archie’s Everton career and / or any personal memories, it would make some people very happy. The family’s ambition is visit Goodison Park one day.

Ta.

Thanks mate @Eggs - any idea?

….sorry Evo, never heard of him. The only ex-Everton ‘Archie’ that springs to mind is Archie Styles, but I know his kids & I’m quite certain they still live in Liverpool.

I’d be surprised if Mr Lightbody ever played for Everton but you need to provide more information. How old is the daughter you know? Where was Archie from and when was he associated with the Toffees?

Perhaps he was a trialist or a youth player. Apologies.

Blues

A friend of mine in California is the daughter of an ex-Everton player. His name was Archibald (‘Archie’) Spaulding Lightbody.

I know it’s not a topical thread because he is in no way connected to our current Board or troubles ?. However, if anyone can shed any light on Archie’s Everton career and / or any personal memories, it would make some people very happy. The family’s ambition is visit Goodison Park one day.

Ta.
He ain't played for the first team : full list of players who have

Have you tried contacting the club and seeing whether they have a record of him?

I did Google him and found in on the US census in 1940. Born in England 1904. So it would have been 20s or 30s if he played for Everton.

Know him personally. Rest assured that he’s one of us. Despite his position, he’s hating this as much as every one of us is. Can’t spill the beans for obvious reasons. He is no one’s lapdog. The truth will one day happen.
I’m not a taking the proverbial but I’d imagine a former player & board member at the club would be better placed to dig up whatever you need or at least have the necessary contacts .

I’ve had a good look online, through a few reference books and some really old Bits and bobs and can’t find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.