Anyone feel we seem behind the rest (pre-season)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the players take those black vest things you see them wearing during preseason with them on their break, they do fitness work while they are away and upload the data from the vests and send it back to the club via the tinternet, so the club know what their fitness levels are before they even report back.

Moyes had a habit of trying to accrue the most airmiles n the prem during pre season. His pre season plans were slated by many, and I think our poor start to season's were a result of this.

I do get what you're saying in the sense that we haven't seen to have been as active as other team,s maybe it will benefit us in the long run with Europa league plans.

Only time will tell, I trust Martinez to make the right choices.

Boy, we sure can be a bunch of Chicken Littles, can't we?

The preseason.... in any sport.... is only remembered if it retroactively fits the narrative of the season's results.

We win a lot in July & August and start off well, the Martinez a genius for having us hitting our stride at the beginning.
We hardly play in July & August & roll through Europa & finish top 4, Martinez is a genius for saving everyone's legs.
We win a lot in July & August & play poorly in the opening part of the season, Martinez is an idiot for not scheduling quality opposition.
We hardly play in July & August & suck all season, Martinez is an idiot for not taking preseason seriously.
We look great in preseason and Coleman & Lukaku yank a hamstring & are unavailable when it counts, we're f*&^ed.

Martinez seems to believe much more is gained by a steady schedule of training, rather than preseason games on ESPN. Not a bad thought there.

Do people not realise how important a few weeks off all training is for players? both mentally and physically?

you do not lose much fitness in a few weeks.
It also takes some players take longer to get fit, due to past injuries or their body composition.

I'm sure Bobby with his physio background has it all worked out.

It does seem to have to been a bit of a light pre-season, but I'm too wrapped up in the cult of Martinez to be overly concerned.

The squad hasn't changed much at all since May, so it could be that he's trusted them to stay in reasonable shape over the summer and is saving legs for the busy season ahead.

Moyes had a habit of trying to accrue the most airmiles n the prem during pre season. His pre season plans were slated by many, and I think our poor start to season's were a result of this.

I do get what you're saying in the sense that we haven't seen to have been as active as other team,s maybe it will benefit us in the long run with Europa league plans.

Only time will tell, I trust Martinez to make the right choices.
Iv thought this myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.