Anyone feel we seem behind the rest (pre-season)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we shoulda got the players back sooner, our lads barely played in the later stages of the WC, on reflection though it's gonna be a long season with Europa League, we'll need their legs for it.

Pre season is all about fitness, players bedding in and trying out new tactics and formations. Don't take it seriously...

Way behind, today will be an eye opener in that respect - some of our rivals have been engaged in major matches, good to get into your stride. We haven't.

I'm a little concerned about the lack of matches but we have two more after today.

Still think the first game against Leicester will be hard because of lack of playing time together though.

Worrying that our 2 best attacking players Miralls + Rom will have played 1 pre-season game before we kick off the prem.

Worrying that our 2 best attacking players Miralls + Rom will have played 1 pre-season game before we kick off the prem.

The whole side is back from last year, so there's no "bedding in" period needed for our starting XI. As well, my feeling is a preseason like the Crimson Crud's, playing the likes of Milan, Man United and Man City, will mean a letdown in the season opener against a weak Southampton side that will really feel like an intrasquad match. Never mind the drooling masses in the stands, that will not be an easy game to get geed up for.

Were 'right behind' there a-hole.

+ coming the start of the season weel be bumming them
all over the place with 3 pts

This thought crossed my mind as well. I have since managed to convince myself that this will bear fruit later in the season, maybe around Christmas time when squads begin to get stretched and tired the utds an RS of the world will regret playing competitive friendly tournaments when they hit the metaphorical wallboard first and derail their season.

This thought crossed my mind as well. I have since managed to convince myself that this will bear fruit later in the season, maybe around Christmas time when squads begin to get stretched and tired the utds an RS of the world will regret playing competitive friendly tournaments when they hit the metaphorical wallboard first and derail their season.

But by then they may be so far ahead of us after a good start to the season it won't matter.

RM has earned the right to be trusted IMHO. If he thinks that a lower-key pre-season is the best way to prepare, I accept that. Let's face it, if we pick up 3 points in the first game, we'll all be applauding the Catalan genius.

the results of friendly pre season games are irrelevant, you don't get points, you don't advance towards a trophy, a proper one anyway, anyone who celebrates winning the emirates cup needs their head examined.

what is relevant is the performance and the fitness level.

Status
Not open for further replies.