Any regular match goers here actually buy any Food or Drink at Goodison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree there should be a separate queue for the beer, for ignorant people like me who fume when you queue for ages to find the man in front of you buy a pack of quavers.

Idiots behind the counter too, clearly says cheese and onion pies on the board yet only serve cheese and potato. Cheese and potato?! Kopite combination

Sometimes get a hotdog an a drink but not always. Have a beer every now and then, usually just the big games tho. Was impossible to get near the bar anywhere else on Saturday so it was actually easier to go in the ground, and the atmsophere was good.

Bad rip off in the ground - normally go to hole in the wall for chips or the church for butties/scones/bovril/tea etc.

they give away free sweets before each game what more do you want Fitz ?

Funny story - remember one time I was sitting in the family enclosure and a toffee actually found its way to my seat. I caught it deliberately with my head and feigned that it had hit me in the eye - poor little toffee girl looked absolutely mortified!

I can't remember whether or not she saw me laugh....

In all seriousness I buy grub about as regularly as we beat Liverpool. Back when I started goin' the game the stewards were quite relaxed and I'd have stuff like pot noodles and flasks of steaming hot coffee.

Even against Man United (the 4-3 back in 2004) I wasn't searched or anything, but then two months later Blackburn brought about 5 fans to Goodison for a meaningless game between two already-safe lower midtable sides and it was quite OTT. Strange that.

Half expected them to get the gloves and vaseline out.... I was to be disappointed though.....

It's overpriced and not that great, but it still doesn't stop me buying it.

I've always thought clubs miss out on the matchday pound by having crap concourses and offerings that mean people choose to eat and drink away from the ground rather than inside it.

If we ever move it'd be great if they built some proper places to sit, eat and have a drink, and encourage more people to spend their dosh with the club.
Miss out on the £ but not the experience. You make it nice to go to a match and have a meal you end up with a lot of casual/non fans. Which is great for the money, but it can end up pricing out the true hardcore supporters.

When it's cramped and uncomfortable and the food is crap and the beer is warm, the only people that show up have passion. So it's really cost-benefit of whether you want the Arsenal style experience, or the Everton style experience. Not sure if you can ever really have both.

Bird used sell the scran there she said they always used to drop the food but still served it cos they wernt bothered. Few years ago like never know if times have changed

The fact that a lot of people bring in a pie and chips from outside says it all about the standard of catering at Goodison. It's terrible, and overpriced, and a lot of the kids look halfarsed most of the time.

I agree there should be a separate queue for the beer, for ignorant people like me who fume when you queue for ages to find the man in front of you buy a pack of quavers.

The Top Balcony does have a separate booth selling only beer. Works pretty well. Only queued for 5 mins for pint at half time on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.