Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
....who have wide players better than us? 71 appearances over the last 2 seasons suggests he can get a game for Villa. He can't this season with Coutinho, Bailey, Traore and even Buendia and Ramsey he's competing with.

I agree, Townsend is not good enough for a team with our ambitions. He is a good option from the bench. El Ghazi is a very minor upgrade, but an upgrade all the same. I said he is not my choice either, but if we are limited on funds, he would not be so terrible on loan or small fee.
Fair enough. He’s been competing for a place with Coutinho all season. Sorry, should have said winger Coutinho.

I originally wasn't happy with it but the more i think it seems a no brainer. If it doesn't work out then we don't sign him in the summer.

But he is going to be better than someone like iwobi, possibly Townsend level. Just adds squad depth in case we get another crisis and he has premier league experience

Why would Villa loan him to us for free and pay part of his wages? Seems an odd move on their part.

Cant answer that mate, but in this world of agents in football, the sale of James was it a favor called in from Kia/Jorge Mendes for exposure for his client?, hopefully a positive loan for him so he can move to another club in the summer.

To me this is a stop gap so we have choice from the bench in forward positions, replacing Siggy's role more than anything, whose contract is out at the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.