Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to understand how i'd explain the reason behind this move.

But I just don't understand what the point is. We have so many other problems in the team, I just don't see how this improves anything.

We have defenders who can't defend, central midfielders that can't control the midfield...

We DO have players who can come from out wide and create or score goals!

Unless Benitez is going to a Moyes styled Arnautovic transformation on him, I'm just not seeing it.

Did we despair at that? People used to buzz off it and act like we were signing their first teamers if I recall correctly.
Some did, most were relatively happy with it whilst seeing it for the potentially flawed strategy that it has turned out to be. The point I’m making is that it was heaven, utter perfection compared to asking villa and newcastle for the butt of their cigarettes

Hey, Villa fan here, thought i would come and say hi, and offer some info with regard to El Ghazi (if he is coming to you).

Anwar is a really top bloke, no doubting that, he is noted as been one of the nicest guys at the club, a true gentleman, he was willing to drop to the Championship with us and did help us get back up to the Prem, scoring in the play off final.

He is 100% a left winger, he has played for us on the right but he usually looks lost as a puppy on the right, if im honest.

Starting with the positive, he does pop up with goals here and there, he also is prone to scoring the odd banger out of nowhere (like the one versus you chaps last year), and if im trying to be balanced, his goal to game ratio for a winger is actually pretty good.

He is also one of the best penalty takers i have seen, calm as a cucumber.

In terms of negatives, outside of the odd goal, including some important goals, and the pens, in open play 95% of the time he is about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

For a guy who came through the Ajax youth setup, he isnt overly skilful in terms of twists and turns, he tends to run fast in straight lines, usually in to an opposition player, annoyingly he is as weak as wet paper for a guy over 6ft, and doesnt like going for headers from what i have seen, he really isnt physical at all, which coupled with his actually quite large frame, makes it doubly annoying (i would say his frame is similar to Ronaldo), but he doesnt play like him im afraid.

I would say his biggest weakness is football intelligence, he will ping shots when players are open or a better pass is on, he will run straight in to an opposition player when even a 5 degree angle of movement would take him past them, he is quite selfish in terms of wanting to ping the goal, it can be rather infuriating tbh.

I think the strangest thing for us Villa fans, is that he does have talent (a lot of it), randomly out of nowhere he can do a bit of Cruyff magic and you sit there and go.....what did i just see, or he scores a banger from 22 yards....and you sit there and wonder if you have just seen a £60m player, he is also noted to be "amazing in training", silky skills and step overs, mucho skill etc, but for some reason, be it a confidence thing, a mental thing...or something, he rarely if ever translates it to an actual game.

the problem is, the "oh my lord thats amazing" moments are quite literally 1 in 1000, and the other 999 make you want to gouge your eyes out with a spoon.

Maybe you will get something from him we couldnt, he is a confidence player and if he feels loved, supported etc, he will perform better, there is no doubt of this......we will see i suppose?

Anyway, he is a good bloke, a professional, and we as a club owe him a lot for his play off final goal and some of his performances in our promotion year, and the 10 or so goals in our first season back in the PL, so i wish him the best of luck, hopefully you can get more consistency out of him that we could!

Good luck.

He's an alright player but....

- We don't need him
- The manager supposedly doesn't want him
- He can't get in the side 3 points above us who have just signed one of our better players
- he isn't as good as the other players who play in his posiition

It only makes sense if Benitez reckons he can use him as a no.10 but, as I said, Benitez supposedly doesn't want him

Status
Not open for further replies.