Confirmed Signing Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some odd, stubborn decisions from Frank. Gray and Gordon have looked knackered for weeks but he had already clearly decided that El Ghazi isn’t getting a kick.

Not giving Patterson a chance and not giving Dele a chance either is weird.

Some odd, stubborn decisions from Frank. Gray and Gordon have looked knackered for weeks but he had already clearly decided that El Ghazi isn’t getting a kick.

Patterson is injured and out for the season. Think Frank said he would have got the start at West Ham if he didn’t get injured a day or two before that game. Could have been used earlier though I agree.

Patterson is injured and out for the season. Think Frank said he would have got the start at West Ham if he didn’t get injured a day or two before that game. Could have been used earlier though I agree.
That one is sheer bad luck, I think. I’m happy for us to take our time with younger players and it’s just proper Everton that, when he was finally ready he got knackered.

It's very odd he clearly doesn't trust the likes of Alli and this chap. But why not use the resources you have?

We are not in a position to give anyone a chance. Lampard needs to chose his best 11 available. El ghazi is not a premier league footballer - we signed him from a team that finished below us last season

We have a shadow team of players who never play for us. It's bizarre
There is a culture of finding excuses for players who are regularly not available to us at our club. While that might be ok for one or two players in a squad of 25, it's unsustainable when half the squad can be, essentially, part-time workers. Yet, the excuses are trotted out for the likes of Mina, van de Beek, Ali, Delph, Calvert-Lewin, Godfrey, and so on. Allan is regularly out. Keane seems to go missing. Players get injured in pre-match kickabouts.

At some point, besides questioning recruitment - which Brands was largely responsible for - one must ask if there is a culture of "not fancying it" at our club. I'd like to see Lampard tackle this head on over the summer and err on the side of heavy-handedness when doing so. By that, I mean withhold the benefit of the doubt from the player and put the club's interests first. So, if a player could perhaps argue that he has a legitimate reason for being unavailable regularly, the manager needs to ask himself if the club can afford to carry such unfortunates. Some genuinely innocent players will lose out, but there is nothing for this club in rehabilitating the likes of Gbamin if it takes three years to bring a player from utter liability levels to mere liability. A ruthlessness is required now.

We are not in a position to give anyone a chance. Lampard needs to chose his best 11 available. El ghazi is not a premier league footballer - we signed him from a team that finished below us last season
El Ghazi is a decent enough player. Not a world beater or anything but he is fairly useful. He is no worse than Gray for example.

Plays in Richarlison's position and we have other options though who will be here long term so it was a ridiculous loan signing.

There is a culture of finding excuses for players who are regularly not available to us at our club. While that might be ok for one or two players in a squad of 25, it's unsustainable when half the squad can be, essentially, part-time workers. Yet, the excuses are trotted out for the likes of Mina, van de Beek, Ali, Delph, Calvert-Lewin, Godfrey, and so on. Allan is regularly out. Keane seems to go missing. Players get injured in pre-match kickabouts.

At some point, besides questioning recruitment - which Brands was largely responsible for - one must ask if there is a culture of "not fancying it" at our club. I'd like to see Lampard tackle this head on over the summer and err on the side of heavy-handedness when doing so. By that, I mean withhold the benefit of the doubt from the player and put the club's interests first. So, if a player could perhaps argue that he has a legitimate reason for being unavailable regularly, the manager needs to ask himself if the club can afford to carry such unfortunates. Some genuinely innocent players will lose out, but there is nothing for this club in rehabilitating the likes of Gbamin if it takes three years to bring a player from utter liability levels to mere liability. A ruthlessness is required now.
There is a massive difference between being responsible for something and being allowed to do your job. You either go all in on a DOF or you don't. We have gone half in and ended up in this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.