Anti Everton Pundits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been enjoying some proper football on you tube watching Motd re-runs from the early 80s. Gary Lineker's first goal, a young Terry Butcher, the 1980 West Ham kit - probably the most beautiful shirt ever made (despite the horrid meffs they currently are).

Best bit was theres half an hour of the match. Then Jimmy Hill spends a minute or two giving some real insight into the clubs and the match with not a hint of bias, then Bob Wilson does the same with a 2nd division match.

True joy. Ok you didn't get to see every goal scored each week - but you got to saw some proper highlights and see the game ebb and flow better.

Also - there were proper tackles - and most of the time the players just leapt up again without a fuss. Proper man's game before the invasion of pc and the feminisation of everything.

Bloody political correctness ruining our football. Women too.

How are they doing that then? And how is it effecting football?
Subtly changing public perception over the years. First they banned caning, then slapping, now even a stern telling off.

In the olden days people just took it (a thump, a slap, a crunching tackle) and got on with it. Now if any of that happens it's not "oh I would suggest it is wrong to inflict physical punishment" but instead "men are horrible for doing this," "men should be better, " "men need to learn, " "men should be more like us. "

Ergo - men, even myself, find themselves watching matches from years back wincing at some of the challenges, where back in the day I'd hardly have noticed them.

Perhaps you're too young to have noticed the difference and don't realise that there was a time before men had hairstyles , eyeshadow and carried manbags.

Subtly changing public perception over the years. First they banned caning, then slapping, now even a stern telling off.

In the olden days people just took it (a thump, a slap, a crunching tackle) and got on with it. Now if any of that happens it's not "oh I would suggest it is wrong to inflict physical punishment" but instead "men are horrible for doing this," "men should be better, " "men need to learn, " "men should be more like us. "

Ergo - men, even myself, find themselves watching matches from years back wincing at some of the challenges, where back in the day I'd hardly have noticed them.

Perhaps you're too young to have noticed the difference and don't realise that there was a time before men had hairstyles , eyeshadow and carried manbags.

I fear you are a mere hop skip and a jump away from yelling "Wake up!" and using the word "Feminazi".

Is this before the DA; the Beatle haircut or Feather Cut?

Elton Welsby he was a proper pundit and Gerald Sindstat. Now its the lunatics on SKY led by parrot nose Thompson. I have only just got over the joke Lawrenson.

Just reading on talk rubbish Jason Cundy(the worst of the worst pundit) saying Utd are turning into "Everton" proof if ever how the media truly view us.

You sound like the “old fella” who props the bar up in my local....better years ago, wont eat foreign muck, doesnt need any posh gym or fancy veg....loves his riffle and hates “these modern foreign made anything”....a good beating also never harmed him or his kids......

He is 52, had 3 heart attacks, lost 3 fingers, walks with a cain, cant see his kids or 3 ex wives.....stinks of backy!!

You sound like the “old fella” who props the bar up in my local....better years ago, wont eat foreign muck, doesnt need any posh gym or fancy veg....loves his riffle and hates “these modern foreign made anything”....a good beating also never harmed him or his kids......

He is 52, had 3 heart attacks, lost 3 fingers, walks with a cain, cant see his kids or 3 ex wives.....stinks of backy!!
52 isn't old you utter klong (this is a word I just made up for this situation - it's up to you to decide whether it's an insult or compliment).

I love foreign food, I know full well modern stuff simply isn't made well even though technology is certainly better, i have my full compliment ofdigits and I'm awaiting my first heart attack.

Old fella my arse!

52 isn't old you utter klong (this is a word I just made up for this situation - it's up to you to decide whether it's an insult or compliment).

I love foreign food, I know full well modern stuff simply isn't made well even though technology is certainly better, i have my full compliment ofdigits and I'm awaiting my first heart attack.

Old fella my arse!

Its why I used double quotes on it mate....its not old at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.