Anti Everton Pundits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Jermaine Jenas was an absolute bell there on MOTD. You could see him literally squirming at the thought of giving Everton any credit or praise and so he just didn't. Shouldnt be on there if he cannot be fair, objective and impartial but then again it is the BBC so he is right at home.

That Darren Bent again.
It's as if he's been away at Pundit Academy and graduated with honours and has been snapped up by every outlet as the next Gob Almighty. The fact he's having another go at us is an irrelevance, let's face it we're an open goal for all and sundry. It's that I'm mystified as to why a relative journeyman of a footballer (Chris Sutton anybody?) Is permitted to talk absolute gush.
I'm annoyed.

All we seem to do is live down to expectations anyway.

Big fuss pre-season dissipates into mediocrity and disappointment within weeks.

It's no wonder pundits and the media in general don't take us seriously.

They might do, at least some of them, if we gave them good reason.

That Darren Bent again.
It's as if he's been away at Pundit Academy and graduated with honours and has been snapped up by every outlet as the next Gob Almighty. The fact he's having another go at us is an irrelevance, let's face it we're an open goal for all and sundry. It's that I'm mystified as to why a relative journeyman of a footballer (Chris Sutton anybody?) Is permitted to talk absolute gush.
I'm annoyed.

I dont know why folk get hot and bothered about it if I am honest. Firstly, forget what they say, and it is not as easy as it looks. Secondly, given the sheer breadth of PL coverage, worldwide, the demand for ex PL players is a constant one. Chances are the outlets use just a few agencies to book their pundits from, hence why the same ones pop up all over the place.

Then, as well as being at least of an acceptable standard, they need to stand out. Nevin the cerebal one, Sutton the dullard, etc etc. The few that emerge from the herd that are actually pretty good, (matter of opinion granted), are then usually signed up at the major broadcasters as perms, (Neville, Cara, Shearer), and/or become freelance, (Linaker).

Even fewer manage to reinvent themselves as a brand, (Savage).

Its the 2020's version of ex players opening a pub or a clothes shop.

All we seem to do is live down to expectations anyway.

Big fuss pre-season dissipates into mediocrity and disappointment within weeks.

It's no wonder pundits and the media in general don't take us seriously.

They might do, at least some of them, if we gave them good reason.
We’re just like the Northern version of West Ham and does anyone really give a toss about them either?

All clubs have many fans who get far too wound up about pundits. You only have to visit forums of other clubs and you'll see threads from paranoid fans attacking certain pundits for supposedly 'hating' their club.

I rarely get too het up about what any of them say. The only one I really can't stand is Danny Murphy and that's not because he's ex-rs, it's because he talks utter garbage. I soon put my mute button to good use when he starts spouting off.

Have to say some of the most Anti Everton stuff I see comes from Blues including here. Not knocking anyone here but seems odd to [Poor language removed] the club here and then complain about the Mirror &c.

It's family Beard Juice. You can have a go at you family and stuff but you won't let any outsiders away with it. You do consider us family THBJ??

I'm yet to watch MOTD this season. Not because of the punditry but just generally as we're normally so poor and not on near the start by the time I've got home from the match, put the tele on for a bit I'm asleep! With all the various goals and highlights service online now there's not much need for MOTD anyway I just watch the short goals clips on the sky sports score centre app.

If I was a pundit I'd love it when we got round to us.

Complete basket case of a club with deluded fans stuck in the late 80's, who still get sucked in by the hype train every pre season.

I used to be one these hyped up fans myself, these days I know exactly what we are... A club going nowhere with no desire to crack the top few clubs whatsoever.

It's no wonder pundits laugh at us and mock us.

I've been enjoying some proper football on you tube watching Motd re-runs from the early 80s. Gary Lineker's first goal, a young Terry Butcher, the 1980 West Ham kit - probably the most beautiful shirt ever made (despite the horrid meffs they currently are).

Best bit was theres half an hour of the match. Then Jimmy Hill spends a minute or two giving some real insight into the clubs and the match with not a hint of bias, then Bob Wilson does the same with a 2nd division match.

True joy. Ok you didn't get to see every goal scored each week - but you got to saw some proper highlights and see the game ebb and flow better.

Also - there were proper tackles - and most of the time the players just leapt up again without a fuss. Proper man's game before the invasion of pc and the feminisation of everything.

We’re just like the Northern version of West Ham and does anyone really give a toss about them either?

Whilst we have won a lot more than West Ham, this is a good modern day comparison.

From Liverpool and have spent a lot of time in east London/ Essex where the majority of West Ham fans reside so got a feel for both sets of fans. Both are pretty similar. Or at least have similar concerns and issues. West Ham fans are perturbed by the fact that their closest rivals (excluding Millwall) are continually doing better than them. I think they could take Arsenal and Chelsea doing well but Spurs performances over the last 3-5 years have been hard for them to take. They view themselves as similar size clubs when in reality Spurs are much bigger and much more advanced in their progression as club.

West Ham spend quite a lot of money too. Yet, despite having some promising players, they never seem to get themselves outside of that 7th to 12th bracket. They'll equally feel that they should be as well as positioned as Leicester to take advantage of the Top 6 drop off this season.

Both clubs have concerns about the ground. West Ham's in that it's not a football ground. Us in terms of building a new ground and moving the club onto a new level.

Put it this way, were do you see West Ham as a club? Were do you think they should be aiming to finish in the league? As such should anyone outside the bubble of that football club (e.g. pundits and rival fans) be that bothered about them?

I think if you put that question to West Ham fans about Everton you'd get very similar responses to what we'd say about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.