2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with almost all of that mate accept one vital thing, the lad wants to move after one season at the club playing, knowing we are likely facing a pretty tough season ahead even with him.

So for that mate, nah it undermines pretty much all the effort and words spouted last season.

You say about wishing we could keep out better players, we could easily if 21yo academy lads didn't jump ship at the first club to lift their skirt at them.

No different to Barkley, Jeffers and the rest who went for the money at the first opportunity.
He is of the social media generation, he will be well aware of all of the vitriol and demand to get shut being spouted by our loving fanbase. It can't enamour our players to see and feel the histrionics of the Da's and wet sheet brigade.

The other sad fact is that we are no longer the big club that we used to be. We are now a feeder for the sky 6 and this will be what all players will see us as, regardless of there affiliations.

It would be great to have had Moshiri come in and drag us back up from a reputational perspective and demonstrating that no-one buys our talent, we buy yours type attitude but that isn't the case. Gordon has just seen witnessed drop our pants for his mate and one of our star players, Richy (we got rinsed there by Levy) and will understand what Everton in the Premier league is. I hate to say that but its a fact.

Hell of a lot of words for four goals

He's got everything you look for in a forward.... except his finishing. And that's why it's a very tough decision.

For a lot of players, finishing is a natural ability and only some players get better over time. If he adds goals, he's going to be quality. If he doesn't, he'll still be a good player, but not exceptional.

£60m is probably too much for us to turn down in our current sorry state. But the idea of selling him doesn't sit well with me.

He is of the social media generation, he will be well aware of all of the vitriol and demand to get shut being spouted by our loving fanbase. It can't enamour our players to see and feel the histrionics of the Da's and wet sheet brigade.

The other sad fact is that we are no longer the big club that we used to be. We are now a feeder for the sky 6 and this will be what all players will see us as, regardless of there affiliations.

It would be great to have had Moshiri come in and drag us back up from a reputational perspective and demonstrating that no-one buys our talent, we buy yours type attitude but that isn't the case. Gordon has just seen witnessed drop our pants for his mate and one of our star players, Richy (we got rinsed there by Levy) and will understand what Everton in the Premier league is. I hate to say that but its a fact.
If Gordon feels the need to move because of what's being said about him on social media then god help him when he arrives at Chelsea with a massive price tag on his head.

Do you trust our current front three to make us competitive enough to stay up?

Id hope we could add even if we kept Gordon mate, the kid from Ajax and a journey man striker and if DCL is fit i do mate.

I dont think its a given we improve after selling Gordon and i dont know why people are taking it as a given that, that is definitely going to happen. Anyone on the market and top targets have already moved - its literally the last week of the market and its now a limited market - i mean you wouldn't sell one of your best players the last week of the Jan market, that's where we are really. Not to mention we will be fleeced.

He's got everything you look for in a forward.... except his finishing. And that's why it's a very tough decision.

For a lot of players, finishing is a natural ability and only some players get better over time. If he adds goals, he's going to be quality. If he doesn't, he'll still be a good player, but not exceptional.

£60m is probably too much for us to turn down in our current sorry state. But the idea of selling him doesn't sit well with me.
I wouldn't go that far. Or even close to that far really. He's got talent but he's a long way from the finished article, so if we're being offered what is essentially a finished article price I don't think we really have any choice but to accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.