2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume everyone read Michael Ball's piece in the Echo today?
I did.

But most fans aren't actually falling for the spiel put out from the Chelsea side or even the Everton side.

They see Gordon as a promising player who may be sold because an offer comes in that is too good to refuse.

Do you think Everton should seriously decline a bid of say £55m?

There's no need for the player to be the bad guy, or the club, btw. We don't need to sell. But if that offers comes in, should we really not sell?

Well it's the only way to reflect their top division goal tallies in % form.

It's just maths.
I know but another way I can put it is Gordon has 3 more goals despite starting nearly 3 times as many games and it doesn't look nearly as shiny.

I just think a lot of arguments in Gordon's favor here are things I don't believe in, your usual x team must know something if they're spending that some and the he'd do better with better players type stuff that for me is pretty unconvincing. If you can't construct a case for his personal play that says he's worth at least 30m today without the potential tossed in then you should be getting this deal done. Amd I don't see that case.

I did.

But most fans aren't actually falling for the spiel put out from the Chelsea side or even the Everton side.

They see Gordon as a promising player who may be sold because an offer comes in that is too good to refuse.

There's no need for the player to be the bad guy, or the club, btw. We don't need to sell. But if that offers comes in, should we really not sell?
Yes I do. Because the manger sees him as the most imprtant player at the club he wants to build the team around.

Whats he said
Just about how he didn't want to leave and the club forced him out.

It's all about PR etc but most people should be smart enough to see that for what it is now. People just need to take a step back.

I can't see why anyone should get upset about this deal if it happens, because we'll have got £50m+ for a player with one decent season under his belt who may go on to be brilliant, but still might never be worth more than £50m.

Yes I do. Because the manger sees him as the most imprtant player at the club he wants to build the team around.
That's fair enough, and look, if they did decline it for this reason then I'd be happy. I'd also be happy if they sold and had £55m to invest back into the squad because I don't see Gordon making as much as a difference as £55m could.

But so far Everton have declined at least one, possibly two, bids, and their stance through the reports has been that Gordon is not for sale.

Absolutely. Look how firm Leicester have been with Fofana or Brighton with Cucurella. That's the kind of money we should be demanding.

Leicester and Brighton stand up for themselves, but Everton shouldn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.