2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
None taken, and that's not really what I'm on about mate.

He's probably happy to stay here, I'm sure he is. But he's probably also happy if he gets the chance to play at Chelsea.

Both of these things can be true mate.

I love my job atm, love where I work and who I work with and what I get to do - was in Helsinki a week ago for the Super Cup, off to the first round of Champions League matches and I'm going to a World Cup, can hardly believe it! But... if I got the chance to go and work for a huge national paper, or certain online papers that happen to pay extremely good wages for my industry, then I wouldn't say no.

Traitor!!

Only joking. ☺️

The lure of the top clubs are just massive. Fofana Cucurella Gordon. Chelsea aren’t guaranteed to win the title and all three aren’t guaranteed to even play regularly, all three are at clubs that have made their career and in Leicester and Everton’s case can pay big wages.

Yet the first sniff of champions league football and the chance to win some domestic pots and they’re off in a flash.

I know this is the way of it now but what happened to players like Shearer, Le Tissier, Duncan Ferguson, Viduka, Di Canio etc. all brilliant players who could have played for one of the ‘top 4’ at any point but instead stayed at their teams for the best years of their career.

There really are two different leagues now. There’s the top 6, then there’s everyone else.
He may have stayed if we still had benitez

None taken, and that's not really what I'm on about mate.

He's probably happy to stay here, I'm sure he is. But he's probably also happy if he gets the chance to play at Chelsea.

Both of these things can be true mate.

I love my job atm, love where I work and who I work with and what I get to do - was in Helsinki a week ago for the Super Cup, off to the first round of Champions League matches and I'm going to a World Cup, can hardly believe it! But... if I got the chance to go and work for a huge national paper, or certain online papers that happen to pay extremely good wages for my industry, then I wouldn't say no.

Funny thing is mate, I can earn four times as much by getting on a train to Moscow and working in a private school - status increase as well, I chose not to do so. Each to their own.

Even if you believe this to be the case...for the 2nd bid they will certainly have spoken.

Gordon can refuse to leave. He can also post on social media that hes staying.

He has a contract.

Chelsea are not in talks with Everton or submitting bids without feeling out his agent.
Clubs put feelers out on agent's all the time, agent's will listen because it's in their own interests.

I actually think you’re probably right on this one, but at the same time, haven’t United been trying to convince de jong to join for months knowing full well he has no interest in going there? It’s not out of the realm of possibility.

The media have been running that he does not want to join United. Also that he wont consider moving unless Barca pay up.

Hes leveraging the interest for Barca to pay up monies owed. Not a situation were in with Gordon.

Clubs put feelers out on agent's all the time, agent's will listen because it's in their own interests.

After the 1st bid....after the 2nd bid ?

Gordon is free to post on social media and tell his agent to inform Chelsea hes not interested.

He does not need Everton to do this.

The nerve of players who throw themselves to the ground.

It's ok lads, we can hate on that again now that we've just got rid of our strictly pair (Richy & Anthony).

He may have stayed if we still had benitez

No one stays any more. That’s the problem. These players will sell their Nan if it means they can get themselves on BT sport on a Wednesday night. It’s sickening in a way.

It’s not a money thing (as I’m sure the majority of prem footballers are multimillionaires)

It’s not because they want exposure for their international teams. That used to be the case when if you moved to United or Liverpool next minute you were playing for England, but now Southgate is actually proving that he’ll select players who play most regularly.

It’s not a first team minutes thing. Most players will be playing less for the top clubs.

It’s just pure ego. They’d rather be sat on a bench whilst someone else wins trophies for them than stick it out and try and win something with a club outside the top 6. They want the kudos of playing for those teams and the media profile that comes with that, to swan into international training with their top 6 team mates.

No ambition the lot of them.

The media have been running that he does not want to join United. Also that he wont consider moving unless Barca pay up.

Hes leveraging the interest for Barca to pay up monies owed. Not a situation were in with Gordon.

After the 1st bid....after the 2nd bid ?

Gordon is free to post on social media and tell his agent to inform Chelsea hes not interested.

He does not need Everton to do this.
If that's true why hasn't de- Jong come out and say he doesn't want to go to United? It's out of the players hands mate when it's between two clubs. Contract's don't mean a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.