2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty awful today. Don’t blame him for not winning any of the 100 aimless long balls lashed at him, but the few times he got it to his feet, he broke down play.

Like playing with 10 men.
Hospital manager: "Look, doc, I know you're an orthopedist but we have no thoracic surgeons and today I need you to deal with an emergency."

Doctor: "..."

Said before, he is a nothing player, that chance in the 1st half he had a free header and completely missed the ball, goals and assists this season I am going to say now, he wont get 5
Not a good idea to close your eyes for headers. Mostly he is pathetic. Was on the Preston bench 1 year ago.

Thought he worked hard playing out of position .. such a shame we can’t surround him with some quality attacking players and we would see the best of him .. as things stand he’s grafting with a Bunch of losers

Get some decent signings in and he will probably disappear from the first team scene. Playing him as a target man made him look utterly useless which he was. If you are going to hurl high long balls up to the front players put Keane there. He is tall after all. Don't put Gordon in that situation again assuming he is picked again.

Genuinely like the kid but tonight he was turd regardless of being out of position or not being 10
Agree, what I find disappointing is that when he receives the ball back to opposition goal, he never seems to try and turn and move the ball forwards. This applies when he is playing wide. Obviously, I realise he cannot do it all the time but to me it is an area which seems lacking when he clearly has pace

Thought he worked hard playing out of position .. such a shame we can’t surround him with some quality attacking players and we would see the best of him .. as things stand he’s grafting with a Bunch of losers
He was by far the worst loser on the pitch today, he has no guile and isn't skilled enough to beat good premier defenders, no excuses he is our number 10, got to improve on today.

Agree, what I find disappointing is that when he receives the ball back to opposition goal, he never seems to try and turn and move the ball forwards. This applies when he is playing wide. Obviously, I realise he cannot do it all the time but to me it is an area which seems lacking when he clearly has pace
I find it bizarre when a handful of times last season we saw his ability to knock it past a player and run. Yet he's not using that ability.

His awareness was poor for me today. Stopped and cut back with the ball multiple times straight into a 2nd covering player.

Hopefully he comes good. But part of me thinks there are better players out there for the money he would fetch.

But willing to get behind him like I am anyone that pulls on the shirt

He was by far the worst loser on the pitch today, he has no guile and isn't skilled enough to beat good premier defenders, no excuses he is our number 10, got to improve on today.
Jesus … young lad had his break through season last year … we have no threat up top … no decent attackers to play with him … just look at ali… accomplished player supposedly was totally inept yet people want to get on this lads back when he’s still finding his way … can’t do it on his own … attacking wise he’s surrounded with [Poor language removed] and if we don’t get players in them we won’t be scoring enough goals to stay up .. it’s that simple .. this lad is not the problem

Stick him back on the wing. Fellah is terrified of aerial challenges. Always looks knackered and his decision making is awful.............saying that I still believe he can come good

Big Dunc saying Gordon wants to play through the middle... surely someone at Finch Farm has a big enough brain to just tell him no? For all our sakes after tonight, please no

Jesus … young lad had his break through season last year … we have no threat up top … no decent attackers to play with him … just look at ali… accomplished player supposedly was totally inept yet people want to get on this lads back when he’s still finding his way … can’t do it on his own … attacking wise he’s surrounded with [Poor language removed] and if we don’t get players in them we won’t be scoring enough goals to stay up .. it’s that simple .. this lad is not the problem
Admit it mate he was quite sh1t

I still think he’s best on the right at the moment. He’s not the best at the more intricate stuff but he’s at his best - for now - when he can just be direct and use his pace. He’s got time to develop but at the moment his all round game isn’t great, I’d rather utilise what he can do with his natural attributes.

I still think he’s best on the right at the moment. He’s not the best at the more intricate stuff but he’s at his best - for now - when he can just be direct and use his pace. He’s got time to develop but at the moment his all round game isn’t great, I’d rather utilise what he can do with his natural attributes.

I called it a while back he's a scrawny Adama Traore.

Good option from the bench to run at a tired defence and cause problems but ultimately little to no end product.

Status
Not open for further replies.