2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
This here doesn't really work mate. You can still create chances. If you're a CF relying on chances to score - i.e. Calvert-Lewin - then that's where what you're saying works. I think the fact one of our players tasked with doing that creating is Gordon is a big reason for our attacking issues. But coaching plays a big part too of course.

I like him as a player. He has some really good attributes that you can't teach but he lets himself down with simple things. That's not to say he can't improve, and for us to be in a position where we can't nurture that is a shame, but right now we just aren't, are we?

If we get £35m for him, it's pure profit because he's home grown. That really helps with P&L and hopefully allows us to spread the cost across 3-4 signings who right now might have more of an impact than Gordon.

The chances created stat is key because he's meant to be one of our attacking outlets yet creates very little. Yes, he's scored three goals, but 2 of them were in 2 successive games back in August and then 1 was a tap in v Palace. He's simply not been playing very well, even though there's plenty of caveats.

It's not just a short-term fix, either. Selling a homegrown player for such an initial fee, and then especially if there are add-ons on top of that, could really help clear P&L. Might even mean we can demand full whack for Pickford in the summer - assuming he's up for sale even if we don't go down - and it all adds up for the much-needed rebuild.

Also, Danjuma was never hitting £100k a week wage mate. He's on nowhere close to that at Villarreal. He might have had some heavy bonuses if he joined us, but Villarreal aren't throwing around 100k weekly wages, that's for sure.

Mate you can find a stat for anything. To be honest I don’t go for mad stats like big chances created - like what’s the variables in application, things like that were invented by Sky to fill the gaps between football.

Like below you can use stats to prove any point:

1674684622707.jpeg

Doesn’t matter anymore it seems.

The media and made up internet media is full of absolute rubbish which is why I don’t react to rumours of transfer requests and crap anymore

However, he’s not very good at football and definitely not worth 40 odd million especially right now when we’re desperate to sign good players to stay up so I really hope he does leave soon

Status
Not open for further replies.