2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's no where near as bad as many make out.

Too much is expected of him. He's a young player who shows flashes, but those flashes in time need to be more consistent.

He's no where near as bad as many make out.

Too much is expected of him. He's a young player who shows flashes, but those flashes in time need to be more consistent.

He has done absolutely nothing for the last month if not longer. If we had anyone with any sort of pace he would or should have been out.

McNeil just doesn’t have that same pace otherwise he’d be in the team

then disappears

9A86384E-FFFB-4C3B-9556-C629B2D5416E.jpeg

Its the complete lack of effort that gets me there, he's usually full of energy too.
Been a lot more bad than good this season so far

….looked totally empty, hardly tracked Robinson and looked like Rondon when breaking. Pity he’s going to a tournament with England U21s, he looks like he needs a break.

I think he has some ability, but I think the main concern with him is his stamina. He genuinely looks goosed at times within 20 mins of games. This leads to him making lazy passes and running up blind alleys for the rest of the game. Has he got asthma or something?

If he doesn't have the engine to last more than 60 mins before dropping off a cliff at the age of 21 then it will always be a problem across a season over his entire career.
Add in the fact he was utter garbage today & it makes him look even worse. 1 good game every 4 or 5 isn't going to cut it.
In January we need a winger that benches one of Gordon or Gray. Can't have both on the pitch together anymore especially away from home.

Never seen a player with a more inflated opinion of their own abilities than this lad. Hopefully he'll develop as he ages but other than 4/5 games he's been utterly hopeless.

This is a guy who couldn't get a game for Preston not so long ago. Miles off it at present.
Poor again (!) tonight, poor attitude and just as worrying his fitness/stamina were all put to shame by a 34 year old Willian!

Status
Not open for further replies.