2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
….looked totally empty, hardly tracked Robinson and looked like Rondon when breaking. Pity he’s going to a tournament with England U21s, he looks like he needs a break.
He’s what, 21 and needs a break?should be looking to play week in week out and have the energy to do so. Too many excuses for this lad but obviously Frank still fancies him, so I hope he is correct and I am vaulted to eternity

One of the worst efforts you'll ever see from a professional athlete. I swear I saw him actually sat on the pitch, rather than making an effort to get up quickly and win the ball back or stop a counter after he'd lost the ball on a clean tackle late in the game, but I couldn't really believe my own eyes on that one.

When the transfer interest rumors started up, my thought was that for £30m you have to give it serious thought and for £40m you absolutely must sell. He's been so bad that I'd take £15m off those now. Before, my impression was that he would likely be about Osman level with a different skill set, but if he's not going to put the effort out and support in defense, he's not even at that standard.

If he doesn't have the engine to last more than 60 mins before dropping off a cliff at the age of 21 then it will always be a problem across a season over his entire career.
Add in the fact he was utter garbage today & it makes him look even worse. 1 good game every 4 or 5 isn't going to cut it.
In January we need a winger that benches one of Gordon or Gray. Can't have both on the pitch together anymore especially away from home.

If he doesn't have the engine to last more than 60 mins before dropping off a cliff at the age of 21 then it will always be a problem across a season over his entire career.
Add in the fact he was utter garbage today & it makes him look even worse. 1 good game every 4 or 5 isn't going to cut it.
In January we need a winger that benches one of Gordon or Gray. Can't have both on the pitch together anymore especially away from home.
He covers a huge amount of ground and is only 21. Still developing his engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.