2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

With transfer fee of 45m he will no longer be given the leeway of a young academy graduate learning the game. He will be expected to perform to that level consistently or he will be very quickly loaned and sold, Newcastle can afford expensive mistakes.
I don’t remember him be given the leeway by our support
My memory is he was given a chance in the first team and appeared to be an instant success
His name was sung home and away as if he was Everton’s new found hero
His form then dipped and we seen an adoring fanbase turn on him, as if he was a total flop
He then decided to move… and is now vilified for it

BTW
I honestly don’t understand this bizarre obsession with hating on this lad.

I don’t think he’s very good and he’s probably a bit of a tit, but he has been given abuse on here and social media for months and months. His biggest crimes seem to be dressing a bit weird and wanting to play for Chelsea or Newcastle rather than relegation candidates Everton.

He’s gone, we’ve got £40m for him. Give it a rest.
Exactly this.

Some of our fans are absolutely divs and deserve the stick that comes their way.

He's been crap lately. Shame we're in a position where we can't wait for a young player to develop.

He's acted like a prat this week - we're getting £40m for him. Good deal.

My memory is he was given a chance in the first team and appeared to be an instant success
His form then dipped and we seen an adoring fanbase turn on him, as if he was a total flop
He then decided to move… and is now vilified for it
What would you rather keep him or the 45M?

I can't see how he establishes himself in the Newcastle team when a player as good as ASM isn't even in the starting line up. When he comes on as a sub he is going to have to make one hell of an an impression to be considered for starting their next game.

Can see him lasting there for only a couple of seasons and then being moved on.

I can't see how he establishes himself in the Newcastle team when a player as good as ASM isn't even in the starting line up. When he comes on as a sub he is going to have to make one hell of an an impression to be considered for starting their next game.

Can see him lasting there for only a couple of seasons and then being moved on.
While bill kenwright has breath in his body, there's always a significant risk that he brings him back in the future, rendering any benefit from a decent fee pointless.

He then decided to move… and is now vilifid for it

Well possibly. To be honest all the booing and vilifying keeps me far too busy to worry about actual on pitch performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.