2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So according to reports, the deal is like this for us:

£40m up front (£5m add-ons)
forced him to submit a transfer request
sell-on clause

If true, that is a mind-bogglingly good job by Thelwell & co. Had to check my calendar to make sure I hadn't accidentally gone Rip Van Winkle until April 1st.

I would have preferred an extra 2m or so instead of the sell on clause. Very unlikely he goes for a big fee at any point in the future.

I’m sure he’s got a lot of potential, but has been crap for us more often than he’s made me think ‘wow.’ Throwing his toys out the pram has made him look like a complete tool.

The reported fee is very good. Best of luck to him.

It’s brill. I live up here and I’ve been on the wind up all day. They all hate him cause he dived against them and tried to act tough against trippier etc.
So glad they don't buy players based on fan forums, our lot have done their level best to scupper this deal. Don't understand why fans would tell potential buyers how crap a player is. Imagine using this tactic if you were selling your house whilst advertising how crap it is and not worth the 200k you might want to pay for it ? Kev must have been pulling his hair out trying to get this deal done.

Status
Not open for further replies.