2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect we will come to see this as a deal that was very poor for the club
At this very moment, it couldn't be a better deal for the club.

Gives us money to play with an act fast with over the weekend

The player hasn't been particularly effective this season, lacks end product and attitude has become extremely unpalatable

He wants to leave and £40m to us right now is just absolutely season changing. PROVIDED, we spend it

Disagree mate, think Richarlison is massively underratted.
Spurs got cracking value on that deal, the practicalities and necessities we know, but the hole that we dig for ourselves isn’t excuseable in my opinion.

Would Spurs sell him for what they paid for him now? No way.
I'd be surprised if anyone paid more for him to be honest and I said the same plenty of times when he was here. That's not knocking him, I loved the bloke, but he's gone there and started 5 games, I'm not sure they were so desperate to get him that they would have paid another £10m. We'll never know i suppose.

I don’t understand the meme (am I just too old now?)

Incredible business though, £40m+ for this non entity who most would have £1.7m Demarai Gray start over is unreal
At least you asked this was me.......

1000004324.jpg

Not looking to get into personal attacks on the kid, but just from the football side:

The current version of Gordon on the pitch is worth nothing remotely close to £45m. Those saying Newcastle are getting a bargain are implying that he will eventually be worth not just £45m but much more (what £60m, £75m, more?). But for that to be true he'd have to make such massive leaps of improvement as to be virtually a totally different player. I mean, he'd at least have to become a significantly better player than say, Richarlison.

But the gap from where he is now to that level is huge. Absolutely huge. Frankly, there are plenty of players out there from all over the world who are at least roughly equivalent to where Gordon is now with similar levels of "potential" who would get you laughed out of the room if you suggested they were worth £45m today. But he's English, so he's looked at differently.

Maybe he really is that special. Maybe he will be the one out of many that makes the leap to a world-class superstar, but I just can't see the evidence of it.

Really happy with that deal for us.

Of course we'll screw up spending it, but that's a different problem altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.