2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon is one of the best young attacking talents in EPL. His quality shone through in a relegation threatened team last season.

He's been outstanding for under 21s and English players come with a premium - Grealish, White, Chilwell etc.

Like a lot on here, you want to sell him for first offer we get. Power move.
I don't even understand what that means

If the only way that this squad improves is through the sale of somebody like Anthony Gordon then yes - I'd sell him

We cannot carry on with this toothless, aimless way of playing

All have to be seperate by virtue that we’d wanna have the deal as all money as its pure profit for FFP / Sustainability etc
Hmmm yeah but Chelsea might not want to pay £50m but would be happy to pay £40m plus a striker they value at £10m. We need a striker - I hope it's not Batshuayi - and we'd still get £40m profit.

But it's all hypothetical. Personally I think if it happens it'll be £50m straight cash.

Either way this should put the ‘he’s only 6 and a half why’s everyone expecting him to actually do stuff’ argument to bed. If he stays and we rejected a bid of over £40m or Chelsea come back and spend mega money on him then he’s going to be expected to make that look like a good decision for whichever club he’s at, and not just by fans on a message board.

If their opening offer is 40, I think if a player was involved it will be around 40 plus a player.

Broja is the obvious one. But would love Gallagher. It will never happen Because a Everton football club will never play a three in midfield, but Gana, Onana and a Gallagher in a trio would be nice.

They value Broja at £25m + addons. Him, Gilmour/Gallagher on loan and £20m I would be happy with

Looks like it will be Batshuayi on permanent, Gilmour loan and ££. Not sure how I feel about that. Unless we ate paying about £2m for Batshuayi

I feel like we should look at it two ways. Firstly, if he wasn’t an academy lad would you be bothered? Secondly if we were after a play like him that had 4 goals and 3 assists last season for £50m how would you feel?

These are the telling signs to me and quite frankly I don’t think there’s a single person that can honestly say anything other than let him go for any justifiable reason.

Leicester have been consistently better than us for about 5 years, Brighton are currently much better than us too. Both clubs philosophies basically depend on selling their best players and young talents for big money and reinvesting, Brighton have made £85m+ this summer doing it, Leicester will probably get nearly £200m by the end of the summer with it. This is how you run a successful club. Even if we weren’t in loads of money trouble it’d be insane to look at a deal like this and say it’s better off to keep him.

I just really don’t understand what anyone sees in him to warrant rejecting the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.