2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So by now you're either in one of two camps.

The we love Anthony camp.

Or.

The we love money camp.

I have a question for the we love Anthony camp...

How quickly are you going to change your stance after you realise the player is actually welcoming a move to Chelsea and isn't being forced out?

Just curious. ?
How do you know that ?

Properly can’t get my head why Chelsea would spunk so much money on him myself. CL, title chasing team should be buying a better player.

Because they see potential. There are very few players shining in such a poor team, at the age Gordon does. He is held in far higher esteem outside of the club by many of those who support it.

Well he's a forward so...

I mean if we're turning him to a fullback or #8 we can look at those.
His intensity would be a miss. The fact we'd be having to cash in on the only half-decent prospect we've produced in a decade would also be crap.

That being said, his production shouldn't be hard to replace with good money. But it would strip us of someone who - rightly or wrongly - has been seen as a key player and would be a key player if he stayed.

I dunno why people would think we'd get £40m + someone like Broja or Gallagher, like.

They'd be separate deals, or we'd get £20m cash + Broja or something.

All have to be seperate by virtue that we’d wanna have the deal as all money as its pure profit for FFP / Sustainability etc

His intensity would be a miss. The fact we'd be having to cash in on the only half-decent prospect we've produced in a decade would also be crap.

That being said, his production shouldn't be hard to replace with good money. But it would strip us of someone who - rightly or wrongly - has been seen as a key player and would be a key player if he stayed.
Wrongly at this point. He's just not good enough right now to be a key player for a PL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.