2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we need to balance the books, better to sell pickford first which has reached his peak rather than Gordon where we're not quite sure of his real value as of today.

I just don't see Gordon making it as a premier League player. He's been awful for us this season. Like really bad.

He has pace and that's about the only attribute of his that I rate. I'd honestly be astounded if he ends up getting game time at Newcastle (if that's where he'll end up, but fingers crossed). He'll eventually be loaned back to a relegation threatened prem team or the championship and then eventually settle in the championship.

More overrated than Barkley and Rodwell.

Gordon is not rated by Everton fans at all. Every other clubs fans seem to talk about him as if he's good, but we're the ones subjected to him every week.

Barkley and Rodwell would waltz in to this current first team and improve us massively. The problem with both of those players was life after Everton, not their time with us.

Those two actually did the odd good thing for us. What’s Gordon actually done in reality? A few deflected goals last season and some half decent pressing the season before. Barkley ran the pitch at St James’, ignored Lukaku, and then lashed home with his wrong foot. Proper baller back then.
Barkley had the brain of a goldfish. Shame because there was a lot of natural footballing talent when he could be instinctive. When bursting through the middle of the pitch with several options you could see his brain short circuit and he would fall over his feet. Rooney was really the rare combination of raw athleticism, ability, brain and fighting spirit that we won’t see come through the academy again in my lifetime

We should have taken the money for Gordon in the summer but I would not rule him out being a success at another club. Very difficult being an attacking player in our side

Unfortunately we are not in a position to be turning down good money for potential, especially as he cost nothing. Anything around £30m with a decent sell on clause then take it.

The bigger issue isnt losing Gordon, its how the money is spent.
It’s always about how the money is spent and that has always been the problem. They can’t be trusted to spend any amount on a player that will actually improve the squad.

Dunno how real this is, but seen it shared a few times on twitter

You can always check before you post something like this.

It stops pointlessly spreading BS.

I just did, it took 2 minutes.

658E8540-3DBD-4918-B3E8-280CA9E25274.jpeg

AE2B1D99-C7BC-4300-AC43-CDE6C6C46152.png

F452892B-A09B-4210-8FD8-DAA85059FA8C.png

Status
Not open for further replies.