2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point I was making is they may have been more reluctant to sell him if they felt there would be a fan backlash.

Yet, amazingly nobody said a thing about Lukaku...'cause he "didn't work hard".

AG works hard but, nah, bin him.

Freud would have to come up with a whole new classification for the nonsense that goes on here.

I think most fans would consider £50 million for Gordon a great price. We might waste it, but if we can’t sign a player that brings more than Gordon currently does then we deserve relegation.
Oh we most definitely will waste it. At least we will get a stadium progress update after we waste it to distract us!

All I've read the past two days is how Leeds sold their best players and bought new players and how great that was.

Love AG but he’s not remotely in the league of Phillips or Raphinha so if we can get that kind of money for him we pretty much have to take it.

Correct.

His effort is infectious. Everyone wants him to do really well, but there’s still a lot for him to prove.

£50m for a player who COULD become brilliant is just money we can’t refuse.

£50m for a player who could also flop like Barkley. I will give AG no bad will if he goes like, he was a huge part of keeping us up last year.

People treating Gordon like he’s a young Ronaldo. I see someone who doesn’t score and has no end product.

It’s all potential and in our current predicament we need results not potential.
100%. I understand the fans loving having a local lad in the team but AG has no end product and is average at best. Definitely agree on your last statement there. We need results not potential.

Gordon should be sold if 50m+ bid is made but lets not act like he isn't going to improve in the future. In a years time under a coaching staff like Chelsea i can see him being involved in the England senior team, he has the drive and work rate to improve that some more talented players lack.

PETS.jpg

Another McNeil lol

Mans forgot we paid 1.7 mil for gray and got Townsend for free and McNeil has played about 90 minutes of football for us

Mans forgot Townsend’s form before his injury

Mans forgot gray has done more than Gordon in the last 19 games

Mans forgot Gordon has more bookings for diving than goal contributions in half a season

Mans thinks we got mo salah when we have mo haha
We can’t even sign a 32 yr old Gana. We have Kevin thelwell doing trades. If we sold Gordon we would probably end up with another bolasie. Townsend is old and injured. He’s lacking pace, McNeil lacks pace. We have a clueless person doing our trades. He never replaced richarlison you think he’s going to replace Gordon???

I heard on a fan podcast that if Gordon is sold for 50m it will reflect as 100m on our books as he's a home grown player through the academy....

Has anyone else heard this ?

I heard on a fan podcast that if Gordon is sold for 50m it will reflect as 100m on our books as he's a home grown player through the academy....

Has anyone else heard this ?
This is most likely a misconception which results from people not understanding how amortization works.

Short version: we book the profit from a hypothetical Gordon sale now, but the cost of any player purchases is spread out over the life of the contract. If we sell Gordon, we can spend more on fees for incomings than the revenue we receive from the sale, and stay within the rules. The problem is that we have to figure out how to balance the books in future years, whether that's from increased revenue, further player sales or simply historical losses coming off the books. The latter can potentially work because the Prem measures our results over three years to determine whether or not we are in compliance with the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.