2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what you're trying to say. But you seem to have a problem these days with my opinions lol

The lad has a lot more chance of walking into our midfield than immediately getting in front of Rice or Soucek.

I don't have an issue you're just doing all you can in your posts to spoon-bend your opinions now.

Firstly we're now less attractive than newly promoted Forest but the player we did entice from the clutches of a European PL team clearly only chose us for a few more matches.

I don't have an issue you're just doing all you can in your posts to spoon-bend your opinions now.

Firstly we're now less attractive than newly promoted Forest but the player we did entice from the clutches of a European PL team clearly only chose us for a few more matches.

Players all have their reasons, and the decisions that MGW and Onana made both make sense. But a few years ago there is no chance a player picks a promoted side over us.

There is speculation in the press this morning that Chelsea are about to up their offer next week to £55m, if this is true we need to bite their hands off. I think we all know despite his promise (potential only) that Gorden is worth nowhere near that amount of money. Considering that we have big money problems and we need to buy strikers we need to accept their offer now before its to late.

There is speculation in the press this morning that Chelsea are about to up their offer next week to £55m, if this is true we need to bite their hands off. I think we all know despite his promise (potential only) that Gorden is worth nowhere near that amount of money. Considering that we have big money problems and we need to buy strikers we need to accept their offer now before its to late.

are Chelsea ok?

If Chelsea offer £55 millions he'll be gone mate imo.

I imagine it'll be £45 millions upfront rising to £50-55 millions with add ons cant see it all being upfront.

But who do we buy? We would then need 3 forwards in. Probably 4 but to be realistic let’s say 3. Who do we get? Diaz, Adams, someone no one has heard of from France?

There’s not one person linked where you could say “well that makes sense”. Unless we pull a rabbit out of the hat we are downgrading. And then we’ll get to watch an academy player be quality somewhere else and then wonder where it all went wrong.

If we get over 45m Kenwright has played them brilliantly, if we get 55 he deserves a stand at Bramley Moore named after him.

£55m , even if it includes add ons, player exchange , is crazy money for us. The situation we‘re in will dictate how we react, but my worry is that if/when Gueye returns we end up with 2 new CBs, 2 new defensive mids, probably 2 new attackers and a new striker. All sorely needed given the crap we’ve accumulated but difficult to integrate them all quickly. Gordon is a known quantity for us , he knows how the manager wants him to play and the players around him. He’ll be missed if he goes but it’s seemingly inevitable ?‍♂️

Think thats rubbish pushed by agents tbh.

If true though it does show a complete lack of ambition by Gibbs-White if true.

Leaving a decent club in Wolves and turning down Everton, to join Notts Forest, when their manager will likely be booted over the coming seasons thats if they dont go down and implode.
How much difference do two commas make to your sentence :coffee:? Hopefully Lampard will be here for a few years yet, assuming the board let him buy a couple of decent goal scorers at some point!

Beaten to players by a team who were out of the top flight 23 years.

NSNO

But in all seriousness, not the player we need. He isn't a forward.
He is a forward but he's not a lone striker that's for sure.

He'll rotate with Lingard or play wide on the front three for Forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.