2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm much less indifferent to it. He's got to be so much better if he stays and I'm just not that confident in it.
That's not really fair on him though. Chelsea bidding £45m for him doesn't mean we should expect him to suddenly score 15 goals.

But he does need to be much, much better with his end product. We also need to not be so reliant on him, and start playing him in his best position and not with Gray, because playing them together gets the best out of neither. That's on Lampard.

Problem is we don’t really have a great track record for improving youngsters once they get into the squad, infact they often seem to get worse and regress.

DCL being the obvious exception
We do have a good record of selling our best talent and watching their careers vanish in a flash.
Jeffers, rodwell, Barkley take a bow
(Rooney and stones have coped I guess)

I can't believe I need to make a post saying Anthony Gordon isn't Ronaldo but whatever, Ronaldo had 4 goals, 4 assists in his first PL season in which he was younger than Gordan and actually played a lot less too.
Also surrounded with better players so it makes comparisons ridiculous.
Not as ridiculous as comparing any youngster to one of the best player to ever played the game.
Gordan is good… but where we are he is not irreplaceable.

Please play against Forest Anto G. And get another motm. Give this people something to think about.

….thinking £50m+ is a good deal doesn’t mean you don’t rate Gordon. i’ve posted lots how he could get to the next level of elite footballers but that transition is open to debate & at this point in time the monies on offer seems more than fair, especially if invested in quality that secures our immediate future.

I’m sure we’ll all de delighted if Gordon wins the game for us tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.