2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha
In Cork with a few kopites in the bar telling them they are a shower of [Poor language removed]!!!

We have no room for manoeuvre I suppose but still giving them it.

Still thing Spurs are the emperor’s clothes. Overrated London gobshites
Never surrender FTRS KAGS
Gordon and Richy aren’t off to not win trophies at Spurs rather than here mate don’t worry!

Think the point is mate Barkley and Davies both looked like they had that tag but never kicked on.

We could have sold Barkley for probably much more than what we ended up with had we not kept hold for too long and I imagine Davies may have had a few take a look after his breakthrough season.

Gordon may develop into a top player or he may join the likes of Ross, Tom, Walcott, Lookman, Gray etc of young players who burst onto the scene but never progressed into that next level of talent.

£45-50 million and we would have to have a real think especially when its a full profit on the books in regards to FFP which would potentially give Fronk a warchest to rebuild the whole side.
I don't think 45-50 is coming in but if it is we've got to take it. That's money that gets us into the market for someone like Conor Gallagher or Mattheus Nunes, a proper quality central midfielder. Wingers run about a lot and look great but TBH they're not that difficult to replace, but when our central midfield is in need of 2 or 3 quality players that's got to be the priority, and we know we have to prioritise.

About the players you say mate, none of them showed the attitude and determination that Gordon has.

Barkley yup brilliant talent, but grade D attitude and brainless and always was.bwas never a hidden thing he was a gobshite.

Davies sorry mate but no one with eyes would compare him with the potential of Gordon. He had huge physical limitations from the off.

Lookman, never ever produced anything in the top division to show anything. Same with Gray - they where both lower division players bought on potential.

Walcott - had end product but zero consistency

Gordon has everything at such a young age he needs to add end product to be an absolutely top player now

Or sell him and take two punts on players with zero passion for the club, who are probably already older and who have not shown what he already has.

Think thats ultimately what seperates prospects from next level players.

I mean take Barkley - who would have thought the player who ran near full length of the pitch ghosting past numerous Newcastle players before slotting into the net would end up the player he is now - I mean he and Sterling came through at the same time and Barkley looked the better of the two but Sterling has continued to develop whereas Barkley never made that next step.

I remember our fans buzzing over a 17 year old Davies training with the senior england side + his goal against Man City.

Gordon was decent last season but taking the next step into becoming a Bowen/Foden/Sterling 12+ goal a season type attacking wide player isn't by any stretch guaranteed hence why if a big offer came in the club would be crazy not to consider it imo.

I doubt he will be sold though sounds paper talk to me - Spurs would offer a packet of crisp and a curly wurly for him at present time.

I don't think 45-50 is coming in but if it is we've got to take it. That's money that gets us into the market for someone like Conor Gallagher or Mattheus Nunes, a proper quality central midfielder. Wingers run about a lot and look great but TBH they're not that difficult to replace, but when our central midfield is in need of 2 or 3 quality players that's got to be the priority, and we know we have to prioritise.

If Gordon wasn't a local lad there would be no second thought for selling at that price. Not that I think anyone are going to pay that much at the moment and I don't want him to go so I'm fine with him staying to see how he gets on this season.

What I find laughable is that fans have attacked the board (rightly so) for mismanagement and then they go off the handle at selling an asset for a decent price (if it was 40 to 50 million). Yes he could go up in value but he could also go down, sometimes you have to play the percentages to get a good deal instead of what we have done by letting nearly everyone go on a free thus creating the mess we are in.

We can't have it both ways.

If Gordon wasn't a local lad there would be no second thought for selling at that price. Not that I think anyone are going to pay that much at the moment and I don't want him to go so I'm fine with him staying to see how he gets on this season.

What I find laughable is that fans have attacked the board (rightly so) for mismanagement and then they go off the handle at selling an asset for a decent price (if it was 40 to 50 million). Yes he could go up in value but he could also go down, sometimes you have to play the percentages to get a good deal instead of what we have done by letting nearly everyone go on a free thus creating the mess we are in.

This is spot on.

To be honest I think his end product is weak a lot of the time and he does go down easily at times for my liking. I do like the lad tho, he is potentially a good player and I want to see that fulfilled here. Some are far too sensitive to any obvious issues a player has particularly if he is a local lad.

We’re a better club than them all day long mate
Our fans are the club. Unfortunately we have idiots running us
If I wasn’t a blue and had the choice of Everton or Spurs I’d pick Spurs everyday of the week they’ve been ahead of us since about 2014 and squad wise now have much more quality. Got a very good manager in conte and have just made a good signing in bissouma. While we’re a recovering mess at the moment it’s a no brainier really isn’t it mate.

To be honest I think his end product is weak a lot of the time and he does go down easily at times for my liking. I do like the lad tho, he is potentially a good player and I want to see that fulfilled here. Some are far too sensitive to any obvious issues a player has particularly if he is a local lad.
Good post. Agree 100%.

I can’t believe some fans accept that he can go for 25 million
Absolutely stupid
I take the point of his end product but that will come with time
He was only one of very few bright spots from last season and we need to keep him

If I wasn’t a blue and had the choice of Everton or Spurs I’d pick Spurs everyday of the week they’ve been ahead of us since about 2014 and squad wise now have much more quality. Got a very good manager in conte and have just made a good signing in bissouma. While we’re a recovering mess at the moment it’s a no brainier really isn’t it mate.
I know what your saying but Spurs always flatter to deceive
Conte won’t be there in 2 years time anyway. They will need to push on but won’t. Don’t trust Italians as far as I could throw them
I think like most of the country people watch too much sky TV and listen to the hype and garbage that is spilled on there.

We will always be a better club than them. They don’t have our fans!!!

We should expect his end product to improve as he gets more experienced but my point is anything could happen to derail that. A nasty injury, a personal issue, he could just fall out of love for the game and suddenly he is worthless.

We have also been screwed over by player after player yet some pin our hopes this could be the one. Do we think if he still improves, gets to around two years left on his contract and City speak to his agents to say they'll pick him up in Jan the season afterwards for a cut price and pay him a healthy signing on fee that he's going to be like "no I can't Everton need that money so I'm signing a new contract and you can buy me for 80 million if you want to"?? Yeah right he would be up it like a shot.

That's not to question his loyalty, as I'm sure it is strong but he'll eventually want to go some place to play in Europe or win a trophy. If he doesn't there is something wrong with him and that is fine. You want hungry players chasing the next level and while we can't offer those things we'll never hold the cards to get top top money for players. It's not like the RS selling to RM, Barca and Bayern who can command the fees because they already offer their players CL football, trophies and they have no need to cash in.

We have to be open minded and realistic in our valuations, treat players as assets until we can get close to a trophy winning team. If a bid of 50 million comes in for any of our players then they going in my book bar from about three that should get a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.