2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t wanna slate the guy but that is the best coming through the academy. Just let that sink in. Teams are bringing through lads who are playing for England before 21 and Gordon is the best we have brought through since Tom Davies
I’ll leave you with that
Look at the players coming through other academies. Not just the top ones but even the likes of Lamptey at Brighton.

Gordon's not a bad player but would he even be getting a game coming through at most clubs in the league?

Just don't see what all the fuss is about.

Never have.

Kieran Dowell v2.
Very lightweight, and no real idea what to do when he gets the ball.
Have seen slight improvement in him the last few weeks since he's been getting regular minutes, but struggle to see any great quality in him atm.
Hope he proves me wrong.

Give him a chance. He plays for a terribly bad football team that lacks confidence. It is the experienced players who must stand out, and who must take responsibility. I think he's doing just fine, but he has a lot more to go on. That does not mean he will be the new Rooney, but it is too early to write him off.

Very lightweight, and no real idea what to do when he gets the ball.
Have seen slight improvement in him the last few weeks since he's been getting regular minutes, but struggle to see any great quality in him atm.
Hope he proves me wrong.
Exactly this. Needs that first goal from somewhere.

He isn't very impressive in recent games.
But our squad is so thin and I rather have him over Iwobi as second string - that isn't saying much. When our first choice is available, would like to see him coming on earlier to make some impact. And start whenever our wingers/attackers are injured or needed some rest.

If he just bombed forward down the line and put in quick crosses then that would be enough for him to remain in the squad over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.