2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He desperately needs to add goals to his game.
That will come with more experience and game time. He is feeling his way in and starting to adapt quicker than what I thought he would after seeing him previously. Goals will come when he is more established but goals will not come if he feels the pressure to score a goal from the crowd. He is starting to show a little consistency in his overall play and what we are hoping is that will help him as time goes on. We cannot expect miracles this season as that would be unwanted pressure on the lad but as long as he is staying consistent and improving slightly then we have to back him but not think he is our new messiah like we normally do with young players coming through.

It was a sarcastic comment towards the poster who came into another thread having a go about people criticising something and asking if they had coaching badges.
Sorry I broke your tiny heart that you have to bring it up multiple times across different threads without understanding the context of the original post. I didn't name names but seeing how hurt you are kinda feels like you are taking it personally.

Sorry I broke your tiny heart that you have to bring it up multiple times across different threads without understanding the context of the original post. I didn't name names but seeing how hurt you are kinda feels like you are taking it personally.
It was a little joke mate...

Scoring is always huge for a striker. He played well for the U23's last night... MotM - If only we didnt surround him with Iwobi's and Rondon's. Makes me wonder if he would eb getting on the end of more incisive passes in te box if we had kept James. Did they ever play together?

Tom has regressed and maybe a new club could kickstart his development again. Gordon just started so there is still hope there.
Personally I don’t think Tom has, maybe lost a bit of confidence. But he was pretty average most of the time in his early days. Tom is a championship footballer

Scoring is always huge for a striker. He played well for the U23's last night... MotM - If only we didnt surround him with Iwobi's and Rondon's. Makes me wonder if he would eb getting on the end of more incisive passes in te box if we had kept James. Did they ever play together?
He’s not really a striker though, a wide striker in the Richarlison mould id say. And I can’t think many young wide players breaking into a prem team who start scoring on a regular basis.

Greenwood, but I think he is more of a foward and is a great finisher. Even Ronaldo wasn’t scoring loads in his early years at Utd.

Im sure a few on here will find some over the years. But hopefully he goes from strength to strength, keeps improving and keeps scoring. Because ultimately it’s the end product that separates the men from the boys

Status
Not open for further replies.