2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's worth keeping around. Maybe it never clicks but the talent is there that it might. Yesterday was a poor set up for him to have an impact in.

Absolutely have to keep him involved, at the very least to make him an asset we could actually sell if we deem him not good enough in 2/3 years.

Good effort at pressing but definitely looked tired in second half and allowed Reguilón too much space. The competitiveness in EPL means some wingers have to keep it a bit tight so the opposition's wingbacks/fullbacks don't get too much space. He didn't have the best games against Spurs and he was playing a lot deeper. But I am glad he's getting chances over Iwobi, to prove himself.

I actually don't see him breaking into first team but I thought that about DCL when he was 20, so what do I know? lollol

I think he'll end up a solid player for a Blackburn or a Preston in the next few years, but it's a sad state of affairs when a bang average youth player is being picked over a 30m pounds signing because the transfer failed so embarrasinngly. I just hope that minutes he's getting now mean we'll end up getting about 3-5m when he's ultimately sold in the summer of 2023.

I think he'll end up a solid player for a Blackburn or a Preston in the next few years, but it's a sad state of affairs when a bang average youth player is being picked over a 30m pounds signing because the transfer failed so embarrasinngly. I just hope that minutes he's getting now mean we'll end up getting about 3-5m when he's ultimately sold in the summer of 2023.
People really have a tough time understanding how a development curve works. It's why I fear we'll never see the success we crave. It can't happen without patience and Everton's support doesn't have it.

People really have a tough time understanding how a development curve works. It's why I fear we'll never see the success we crave. It can't happen without patience and Everton's support doesn't have it.
I agree ,but what is it about a sow's ear and a silk purse ,I think in his case he needs to beef up a bit and I thought he was OK against Spurs .But some aka JJK do not seem to break that barrier .
You are correct though as I would have expected DCL to be moved on two years ago .

He's lucky Iwobi is a nothing player as any credible other option and he's on the bench.

Just doesn't have any output at this level. Think he's a League One player ultimately and thats no disrespect intended to him dont think he did much in the Championship either.
Disagree he has potential to be a player at this level, he's still young and is developing he has already improved defensively. Maybe he needs to take more risks the other end but it's a good basis for him. But he needs patience to see what he is really capable of like most young players. Clearly he's still working on his stamina given his comments about playing a full 90 mins.He already looks more tactically aware than a thirty million pound player we bought from Arsenal.

Disagree he has potential to be a player at this level, he's still young and is developing he has already improved defensively. Maybe he needs to take more risks the other end but it's a good basis for him. But he needs patience to see what he is really capable of like most young players. Clearly he's still working on his stamina given his comments about playing a full 90 mins.He already looks more tactically aware than a thirty million pound player we bought from Arsenal.
It’s ok mate your allowed to discuss this one by name

Status
Not open for further replies.