2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure everyone will agree here, but in some ways I think Gordon's exuberance and desire helped turn the season around

We were all so beaten down and broken, but Gordon playing for his life every week and showing that passion injected some much needed life into things and it led to the supporters getting themselves back into the groove

For that reason he's the player of the season for me. He was integral to us turning it around
Pickfords saves and Richarlisons goals kept us up.

Gordons corners hitting the first man or bobbling along the floor didnt.

Goodness knows how Anthony Gordon didn't suffer a broken leg from this 'tackle'.

1A.jpeg

Not sure everyone will agree here, but in some ways I think Gordon's exuberance and desire helped turn the season around

We were all so beaten down and broken, but Gordon playing for his life every week and showing that passion injected some much needed life into things and it led to the supporters getting themselves back into the groove

For that reason he's the player of the season for me. He was integral to us turning it around
I think he's been one of the biggest factors, especially in the games where we were under the cosh for large periods.

Agreed, Gordon should never have been taking our corners and freekicks, but his constant energy and drive are the basis for him to build on. Hopefully Frank will have him working on all aspects of his delivery and final pass over the summer and he will move his game onwards and upwards for us next season. One thing he never did was hide from the ball which half of our players have been guilty of. With at least 6 players out the door in the summer (sadly unlikely to be much more than that) we might get a few in who can really add to the team. Central midfield has to be the main priority and a decent centre back. Unless Mina can somehow stop getting injured. I'm under no illusions that we will have a completely new team next year but just a couple of real quality additions would be most welcome.

He's probably grown up watching Arteta and then Baines doing the exact same thing, so all in all he's not in too bad company.

shocking leg breaker of a tackle from Ayew, (straight red) but conveniently buried by the media focus on non-stories. Gordon has been brilliant, the lad never goes missing - true evertonian and he`ll only get better.

I saw the montage of Deli Ali's play against Palace on the officual website. Didn't se him do anything to get excited about - a few 10 yard sideways passes to a teammate in space (which, admittedly is more than some of them can do) and getting foued a bit. Need to get rid. Also on that montage were a couple of occasions when he passed to Gordon. Once for Gordon to put a cross in - which was inevitiby cut out by the first defender - and once to give Gordon a chance for a right footed shot, but his mis-control was so poor he had to run 2 yards to his left to retrieve the ball and the half chance was gone. Another one who's not good enough.

Did well this season for a limited player but will need to improve a lot If he is to be a long term option for Everton. Level at the moment Is around championship for me. Same can be said of a lot of the current squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.