2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these comparisons to other players.

I can see him once he matures playing very similar to De Bruyne.

He’s got a great first touch, great turn, can drop a shoulder and go past players and can get away from them.

Honestly could see him playing as an attacking midfielder in a few years. Looks like he has the ability to control games.

Honestly didn’t see this coming. Last season he looked like a boy in a man’s game, every credit.

I hope his emergence gives Lampard faith to bring through some of the other youngsters through in the summer. A year ago today Gordon was on loan at Preston and dropped to the bench as they lost 5-0 at home to Brentford, yesterday he scores the winner against Man Utd.
Hope Branthwaite, Dobbin, Price, Welch, Warrington, Simms and Patterson are given full chance to break through in the same way. If they’re good enough, get them in the team/squad. If not yet, loan them out.
Seems like our finances may give him no option but to do so whether thats in the premier league or championship

Yes a few times
As I recall Lampard mentioned a few young players , as they have been training in and around the first team. He mentioned Stanley Mills and referenced his dad, Kyle John and the one that surprised me with a mention was Sean McAllister . It’s good to see that youngsters who are on the fringe getting a look in.

As I recall Lampard mentioned a few young players , as they have been training in and around the first team. He mentioned Stanley Mills and referenced his dad, Kyle John and the one that surprised me with a mention was Sean McAllister . It’s good to see that youngsters who are on the fringe getting a look in.
It will from the point of view it might save us a bit of money if things are going to be a bit tight in the future.

Yes I agree he will be a good player, hopefully with Everton, but to go overboard like Frank has done does Anthony no favours. To praise him as he did after yesterdays game was well over the top, maybe to give him confidence, but I honestly thought that Gordon while putting plenty of effort in good have done a lot better with some of his end products and yes I was delighted with his goal and the three points it brought.

Remember Lampard brought through Mount, Tomori, James, Abraham and Gilmour...he'll know how to bring the kids through.

Yes for sure. He deserves a lot of credit for the work he has put in.

What's exciting to me, is that Dobbin looks as promising as Gordon did at 19 to me, and Whittaker who's 17 I think looks quite similar too. I hope we can start utilising talent a little better.

Would Dobbin be competing with Gordon for that right sided spot?

Remember Lampard brought through Mount, Tomori, James, Abraham and Gilmour...he'll know how to bring the kids through.

Would Dobbin be competing with Gordon for that right sided spot?

Feel like no matter whether we stay up or go down Richarlison and DCL will be gone, certainly the former. Not just nbecause they have better-placed suitors elsewhere but laos our precarious finances

Depending on what formation we play think it's goin to be Gordon and Gray fighting out for left sided forward, with Dobbin as understudy there. Potentially getting chances at centre forward or on the right depending on what (if any signings) we make

Feel like no matter whether we stay up or go down Richarlison and DCL will be gone, certainly the former. Not just nbecause they have better-placed suitors elsewhere but laos our precarious finances

Depending on what formation we play think it's goin to be Gordon and Gray fighting out for left sided forward, with Dobbin as understudy there. Potentially getting chances at centre forward or on the right depending on what (if any signings) we make

I dont see finances as a major issue.

I think if we can hold onto Richarlison and he extends then we'd have Richarlison, Gordon, Gray and Dobbin which would be ideal really...Townsend out long term of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.