2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's already admitted he had to sacrifice some of his natural game last season due to the circumstances we found ourselves in.

Many criticise his final ball or delivery, but he generally had the grand sum of 0 or 1 player in the box last year to aim for.

Despite this, he was amongst a handful of consistent performers despite his age and the number of games he had to play.

Looking forward to seeing him cement his place this season.

The Bayern Munich supporter sat behind me last night was fixated with Gordon “all speed but no brain”. Wasn’t his best performance but he’ll come good, perhaps not being in the starting line up will do him good?

The Bayern Munich supporter sat behind me last night was fixated with Gordon “all speed but no brain”. Wasn’t his best performance but he’ll come good, perhaps not being in the starting line up will do him good?

Gordon for me is a skinny english Adama Traore.

Essentially someone to throw off the bench at 70 minutes and have him run at a tiring oppositions defence to try cause havoc whilst acknowledging his end product will never be great.

He's shouldn't be in our starting 11 this coming season - McNeil on the right and a replacement for Richarlison on the left please Fronk.

That shirt number maybe a bridge to far. He's got potential just needs to find it and PDQ. Just hope it doesn't go to his head, which i doubt comes across level headed. But how many times have we seen/heard that.

Just allow the lad to settle, he should not have such high expectations on his shoulders, he will come good with time.
I think it depends what you mean both by expectation and by come good.

He’s a proper first team player now, and so he will have proper first team expectations on his shoulders. He shouldn’t be expected to carry the team or to be putting in regular match winning performances, but he will be expected to score and assist his fair share, and to justify his place in the team.

In terms of coming good, in many ways he already has. He’s shown himself to be a competent PL footballer and that’s no mean feat. If he can kick on to be an above average player in his position that will be great, if he can kick on to become a star even better, but really it’s the constant insistence that he’ll ‘come good’ that leads to the expectation you don’t think should be there.

love the lad but he needs to curb his shooting outside the box because those pea-rollers aren`t beating anyone .................`cept maybe the Man u goalie

Gordon was often the difference when we really bad last season, especially around January, February time when we are at our worst. He has less responsibility this time round and I reckon he'll improve. He's looked a little tired in preseason. Maybe hold him back at the beginning and he'll start peaking a little later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.