2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love to see us get shut of a few so he can be on the bench. Genuinely believe we’re using the bench as a shop window right now.
Agreed! No reason he couldn’t have come on instead of Sigurdsson against Spurs. His ball retention, pressing and distribution is probably better in fact than Sigurdsson right now to be honest. He also runs at people and carries the ball forward which nobody except Richarlison really did last year so I think he’ll get brought on when we have tough defences to break down.
Really excited to see him continue to develop and he must be buzzing off training with James and co!

Tbh i'd made my mind up about him after the away game at wolves. In a performance that nobody looked arsed he was the only one who looked bothered and wanted to give them a game.
Just loath to go over the top. Theres to much of that.
Easly good enough to be in the first 15.
Quietly confident about Gordon. Talking proper player level.

Agreed! No reason he couldn’t have come on instead of Sigurdsson against Spurs. His ball retention, pressing and distribution is probably better in fact than Sigurdsson right now to be honest. He also runs at people and carries the ball forward which nobody except Richarlison really did last year so I think he’ll get brought on when we have tough defences to break down.
Really excited to see him continue to develop and he must be buzzing off training with James and co!

I imagine CA just would have preferred an older head to come on really more than anything. AG has shown a lot of promise and his time will come, CA likes him, he willl get chances.

The fact we have plenty of attacking options and midfield options just now means that there will be less pressure on him and he can bed in and develop at his own pace, rather than any risk of being too soon.

Always nice to have a scouser come through, but to have one come through who has that flair and raw ability to run and beat players is a nice one. Probably haven't had that since Rooney (not neccesserily ability, more the style and attitude)

The lad really deserved his goal last night.
Excellent performance and as a few above have said, I'd expect to see plenty of him this season.

He's actually much pacier than I gave him credit for, he's going to love running on to James' switches..

He has a much bigger impact on games and the play than Bernard seems to, despite Bernard's ability.

Most frustrating thing about Bernard, can see he has ability but just no consistency. Almost looks scared to play freely and just play off his instinct. When he plays with real confidence he looks a player but just seems to be a problem of getting it out of him.

CA wanted to close down the game against Spurs and for that Sigurdsson was the right choice. Had we been losing 1-0 we may have seen something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.