2019/20 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when everyone was moaning about Ross, and how Davies had over-taken him....now Davies is hated by most...Dom got absolute dogs abuse and now is a super star......you just know its going to happen to Gordon, its what “we” do.
There are plenty of people who would swear now that 30 times England capped, playing for a top 4 club Ross Barkley isn't good enough for us now, who were giving dog's abuse to Moyes for not picking him when he was a 16 year old kid.

Anyone who went to or watched the Chelsea game surely could see Ross would be a massive improvement on our current midfield. He’s miles better than Davies. Unfortunately his attitude and off field antics may be the downfall of his career

He can't be as bad as Sigurdsson. Give him the run in and see how he goes.

If unconvinced, loan and see again in 12 months how he's progressed.

Thats where im at - stop picking the same turds like Glyfi and Davies and give some youngster plucked from obscurity a chance.

May just give the team a lift - same as Ellis Simms - must be better than Tosun & Kean.

You've never seen Simms play footie.

Tbf I hadn't seen Rooney either before his debut - these last 9 games are glorified friendlies we aint getting Europe or going down so give 1 or 2 highly rated youngsters a go instead of the usual bums and lets see if they show anything.

Anyone who went to or watched the Chelsea game surely could see Ross would be a massive improvement on our current midfield. He’s miles better than Davies. Unfortunately his attitude and off field antics may be the downfall of his career

He's another in that bracket that would probably improve us a tiny bit, but nowhere near enough to warrant a big fee and wages which is what it'd take. He hasn't improved since his first season here imo.

He's another in that bracket that would probably improve us a tiny bit, but nowhere near enough to warrant a big fee and wages which is what it'd take. He hasn't improved since his first season here imo.

We had such high hopes for Rattsco Barkley. Come through with pace and power, a strike on him. Forgive me but had the potential to be for us what Gerrard was for them. He stagnated though, became less and less decisive on the ball.

Then he absolulety shat all over this club to the cost of £35m. The thought of anyone wanting him back for me is baffling. He's not worth forgiving.

We had such high hopes for Rattsco Barkley. Come through with pace and power, a strike on him. Forgive me but had the potential to be for us what Gerrard was for them. He stagnated though, became less and less decisive on the ball.

Then he absolulety shat all over this club to the cost of £35m. The thought of anyone wanting him back for me is baffling. He's not worth forgiving.

Totally agree. It does annoy me that we've brought through so many youngsters with an abundance of talent like him, stones and rodwell, they all could have been legends here, but none have lived up to the hype. Luckily for us it's been with other clubs after we've recouped decent fees for all.

Totally agree. It does annoy me that we've brought through so many youngsters with an abundance of talent like him, stones and rodwell, they all could have been legends here, but none have lived up to the hype. Luckily for us it's been with other clubs after we've recouped decent fees for all.

We bought Stones, but yes Rodwell also had the same potential but wasted it.

We bought Stones, but yes Rodwell also had the same potential but wasted it.
There’s a school of thought that says we wasted it. Turned a potentially world class cb into an average cm.
Honestly just don't see it with Rodwell. I don't think I ever saw a single performance from him at senior level where I thought 'this kid is special'. We'd all heard the hype about when he was a junior, but he was never more than average for me in senior football.

I'd have been astounded if he'd turned out to be a centre half too, he was scared of his own shadow.

Honestly just don't see it with Rodwell. I don't think I ever saw a single performance from him at senior level where I thought 'this kid is special'. We'd all heard the hype about when he was a junior, but he was never more than average for me in senior football.

I'd have been astounded if he'd turned out to be a centre half too, he was scared of his own shadow.
Sigma at home (think it was them?)
Scored twice from 25-30 yards, one with each foot
Looked special then

That game versus United he was a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.