Anfield derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sham's this?

The one where we played s torrid Liverpool team under the lights st Goodison and from the very first minute set out for a 0-0. Three defensive mids, there were only two attacking players on the pitch. We sat back the whole game and got one shot off which was after the 90 minute mark. For me that was almost worse than the Anfield 4-0.

The one where we played s torrid Liverpool team under the lights st Goodison and from the very first minute set out for a 0-0. Three defensive mids, there were only two attacking players on the pitch. We sat back the whole game and got one shot off which was after the 90 minute mark. For me that was almost worse than the Anfield 4-0.

I still believe that derby at Goodison, and it's huge overreaction, set the precedent for why we got kept apart in the semi's, possible 4 derbies in 7 weeks, with 3 being night games, Merseyside Police were getting their random BS news generator ready.

As far as Im aware, UEFA dont allow games to be played the same nights as Champions League and Europa League games, so even if they do get knocked out by Augsberg, we still have to consider every European midweek as unavailable even if neither of us are involved. Absolutely ridiculous I know, its what caused a lot of trouble in scheduling some of the FA Cup replays last season. Reading had to play Bradford on a Monday night because of it. Yes, Reading vs Bradford.

Im sure as well its why we played our replay with Chelsea a few years back on 5th round day.

As far as Im aware, UEFA dont allow games to be played the same nights as Champions League and Europa League games, so even if they do get knocked out by Augsberg, we still have to consider every European midweek as unavailable even if neither of us are involved. Absolutely ridiculous I know, its what caused a lot of trouble in scheduling some of the FA Cup replays last season. Reading had to play Bradford on a Monday night because of it. Yes, Reading vs Bradford.

Im sure as well its why we played our replay with Chelsea a few years back on 5th round day.

yeh UEFA bellends. no one is even watching the champions league anymore since it moved to BT.

yeh UEFA bellends. no one is even watching the champions league anymore since it moved to BT.

It could get quite messy if we stay in the FA Cup too, as we have two more away games scheduled for quarter and semi final weekends, at Sunderland and Palace. They need to hurry up and find a date for this game, which as said, shouldnt matter if they're still in Europe or not.

Even if they were waiting to see if we go out of the Cup and we could play on one of the other round dates. Sunderland are already out so that League game would go ahead if we lost to Bournemouth anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.