Anfield derby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffy

Player Valuation: £225k
Just noticed that the return derby at their place will be moved to the Sunday as they are playing in Europe the previous Thursday. On the other hand, the match could be moved to some other midweek date altogether if we are in the league Cup Final. (Or they are for that matter I suppose it must be said).

They have already qualified for the round of 32. Match probably would have been moved for TV anyway, but it is now certainly not going to be on the Saturday as scheduled.

If I still had some optimism remaining going into the derby, I'd say that playing them after they've had an European game the previous Thursday would be of benefit.

In reality, it will mean they will get even more dodgy decisions than usual and win 2-1 with a last minute deflected goal against the run of play.

Reactions: rbm
If I still had some optimism remaining going into the derby, I'd say that playing them after they've had an European game the previous Thursday would be of benefit.

In reality, it will mean they will get even more dodgy decisions than usual and win 2-1 with a last minute deflected goal against the run of play.

.....without wanting to sound bitter, it does appear that the majority of their games after playing in Europe are at home. I recall Spurs last season playing something like 9 of their 11 games after Europe at home whilst ours were away.

.....without wanting to sound bitter, it does appear that the majority of their games after playing in Europe are at home. I recall Spurs last season playing something like 9 of their 11 games after Europe at home whilst ours were away.

Every fixture this year after Europe is at home

Status
Not open for further replies.